After Dark (18)

--chapter 18--

HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ATTACKED

An 11th grade student, Keri Yorkshire, was found dead along the border of Forks and the La Push Reservation. Docters say that it must have been an animal attack. Keri's body had only a few drops of blood in her system. Police officers are hunting down this animal to prevent more attacks. But for your own safety, people are encouraged to stay away from the forested areas in Forks, La Push and Port Angeles.

***

Bella Cullen

Carlisle threw the newspaper on the coffee table. Edward, Emmett, Renesmee and I were all sitting on the sofa. Carlisle was standing in front of us, while pacing back and forth. Esme was standing behind him, clearly unsure what to do.

"Who could have done this?" Carlisle asked a bit angry.

"It's probably the same one that attacked Crystal Turner." Edward replied.

Renesmee straightened up.

"Is there something you know Nessie?" I asked her.

She bit her lip nervously.

"Well... on Saturday night... when Ryan, Crystal and I went for a movie... we met up with Jake and Brooke... and Crystal looked... in pain. She was like that the whole time actually. Especially with a lot of people around her. In the middle of the movie... she was at her worst and freaked out. Then Brooke, Ryan and Crystal left the theatre... but Ryan came back after around two minutes. And Brooke and Crystal never came back. And I haven't seen either of them since that night." Nessie told us.

We all thought about what she had just said.

"Carlisle," Edward paused. "You said that you found Crystal nearly out of blood and with bite marks on her neck."

"Yes." Carlisle confirmed.

"So the vampire that was feeding on her stopped. And Crystal turned. But who was it?" Edward asked.

"Maybe its the same one that attacked Jordan." Esme suggested.

"Maybe. We just need to keep out eyes open. We wouldn't want the Volturi involved again." Carlisle answered.

Nessie shuddered.

"Aw don't worry Nessie! We beat them last time, no reason why we can't do it again!" Emmett said cheerfully with a huge smile.

Nessie smiled back.

"What about Brooke?" I asked. I feared for my friend. She was innocently there, not knowing about this vampire who was on the loose.

"It's kinda suspicious that she also dissapeared." Nessie pointed out.

I tried not to think of the worst case scenario. Finding Brooke's picture with a similar headline in the papers.

There were three knocks on the door. Edward rushed over there. He opened the door and let someone in. Then Brooke walked into the living room.

"Hi." She said and stood near the table.

*****