After Dark (12)

--chapter 12--

Brooke Hale

We pulled up to a four-storey builing right at the edge of the forest. A short walk and you would end up in the La Push Reservation. The large pine trees encircled the place making it almost impossible to find. Quiet, secluded and pretty. It was perfect.

As soon as Renesmee parked the car, I nearly ran out. I was so excited to finally have my own place! Sort of.

Jacob, Renesmee and I walked into the reception. It had light brown furniture with gold detail. There were also gold touches in the room (curtains, pillows, paintings etc.). We walked up to the large mahoghany desk. Behind it was a slightly plump lady with red hair and grey-rimmed glasses. She looked up at us.

"Hello. Welcome to La Foresta. How can I help you?" She said with a smile.

I looked at her nametag. It read "Penny Johnson".

"Good morning Ms. Johnson." I said in a formal voice. "My name is Brooke Hale and I'd like to book a room for a few days."

"For how long?"

"About two weeks."

"Mm-hmm." She searched her desk and pulled out a few papers. She handed them to me. "Here you go. These are our current rates."

I read them with Jacob reading over my shoulder. He whistled. Renesmee was at the waiting area, sitting on one of the cream leather sofas. She was reading a magazine.

When she heard him whistle she asked, "That bad, huh?"

"No, Jacob's overreacting." I replied.

"Are you kidding? Have you seen all those zeros?" He asked.

I laughed and faced Penny Johnson. "I'd like to stay in the Deluxe room, with the ocean view." She nodded, took back the papers and printed a receipt off her white Apple computer.

"Enjoy your stay. If there's anything you need, you can call the Reception on your hotel room phone. The number is one-oh-one." Penny Johnson said as she handed me the keys and my receipt.

I turned round. "Okay, we're all done" I waved the keys in the air. "You guys can go now."

"You'll be okay for the rest of the day?" Jacob asked with concern. He probably thought that I will get lost in Forks. Which I possibly will, but it's all in the fun of going to a new place!

"Yeah, I will. You and Renesmee go out and have fun. I'm feeling a little tired anyway."

Renesmee perked up at that sentence. She pranced over to Jacob and said, "That's fine with me!"

"Okay then, let's go!" Jacob said and they left.

*****