After Dark (40)

--chapter 40--

Brooke Hale

Well, that worked perfectly. I mean, I got those two paranoid enough to come and try and kill me. It didn't work of course, seeing that I'm still alive, but they were more than I bargained for. Their fatal mistake was, one of them was in human form. I know he was supposed to lure me in, (I heard their thoughts before saw I knew their plan before I even left my room) but they should at least thought of having more wolves there. Oh well...

I dragged the human one by his arm through the forest. We stopped after a few miles away from the hotel.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Brady." He replied. He didn't sound or look scared at all. He should be, but he wasn't.

"Okay Brady. Tell me, how many werewolf packs are there?"

"How many vampire covens are there?"

"First answer my question."

"No."

I grabbed hold of him arm and twisted it the wrong way round. A loud cracking noise burst through the air.

"ARGHHH!!!!!" He screamed. Brady fell onto the ground clutching his arm.

I crouched down beside him. "Now will you answer my question?" I asked.

"T-two." He replied. He was rocking slightly still holding his shoulder.

"Who is in which pack?"

"Sam, Paul, Jared, Collin and I are in one pack. Jacob, Quil, Embry, Leah and Seth are in another."

"Okay, that's all I needed to know." I stood up.

Brady tried to stand up as well. He did, eventually. "Why did you need to know that anyway?" He asked but I had already walked away.

He shrugged and walked the opposite way, trying to find his bearings. That's when I rushed back to him, tilted his head to one side and bit into his neck. Hot, fresh blood filled my mouth. It was different from human blood. Better tasting by far. This is what I missed. I'd only drank it once before, and I've been looking for a weak werewolf. But it's been hard, they usually travel around in packs. The only downside is the smell. Vampires can't stand the werewolf scent, and their blood is like that but multiplied five times.

His body went limp in my hands and I dropped him like a stone. I tried to maul him up a bit. To make it seem like he was attacked by some wild animal.

Phase two complete with my plan. Now, onto phase three.

*****