After Dark (11)

--chapter 11--

Brooke Hale

The morning was gloomy, with lots of cloud cover. Oh how I can't WAIT to go back to Florida! The guest room of the Cullens' house had a simple yet modern look. The main colours were black and white, with a few spots of red here and there.

I got out of bed, changed into warm clothes and went to the kitchen for breakfast. Bella was making pancakes, Renesmee was toasting PopTarts and Jacob was sitting at the dining table sipping coffee.

"Morning." I said when I entered.

Jacob and Bella looked up. "Morning," they replied.

I noticed that Renesmee was finding her PopTarts so fasinating.

Dude, I thought You put it in for a few seconds, and voila. Its not exactly the 8th Wonder Of The World. 

I found that she didn't like me much. I think it's because she likes Jacob. She's like sixteen, and he's around twenty-two. Okay, maybe that's not much, but it's really getting annoying, you know, this jealous-teenage-girl thing.

"Where are the others?" I asked as I sat down.

"They went out to town." Bella answered with her back still turned.

She flipped another pancake on to the pile on a large plate and put it on the dining table. I wasn't really hungry, so I took one. Jacob on the other hand, was like he hadn't eaten for DAYS. He took many of them and eat them pretty quick. 

He noticed me staring and said, "Sorry, I'm an animal," and smiled.

I smiled back. Then Renesmee's PopTart finally got ready. She came to the table and sat next to Jacob. Well the only other free seat WAS next to me so, I'm kinda glad she chose that one.

About 30 minutes later, after I'd finished my breakfast, the sun came out. I was thanking the heavens like crazy! I dumped the dishes I used in the sink.

"Oh! Thank God! The sun came out!" I said cheerfully. Only Jacob looked excited. Renesmee and Bella acted like they didn't hear a thing I said.

"By the way Bella! You said you'll take me into town to search for a hotel I can stay at." I reminded her.

"Uh, y-you can just stay here. We don't mind." She answered.

"I can't stay here for long. It's--it's kind of awkward barging in like this. I'm sure the others will mind." I said. I really need a place to stay.

"I can take you" Jacob quipped up. Oh thank God!

"Okay!" I smiled. "When shall we leave?"

"Well, it's a beautiful day outside, why waste it indoors? We can leave now."

"Sure!" Renesmee looked pissed off in her seat. "Do you want to come?" I asked her.

"Yes," she said with a triumphant look on her face. I was hoping that she'd say "no" but oh well. That's the price you get for trying to be nice.

"Great!" Jacob stood up smiling. "I can't wait to drive that car again!"

"Ah ah ah. Not so fast! You got to drive it last time!" I said as we all headed for the car (except Bella).

"There's only one way to solve this... arm wrestling." He suggested.

"Have you seen yourself?!" I exclaimed while gesturing at his arms. Now that I'm seeing them, they are huge. 

He laughed. "Good point. Hmm..." Jacob thought for a while. "First one to the car?"

"You're on." I said and sped to the car. He started running after me but he easily passed me. When I reached the car he was leaning on the front door with a smile on his face.

"I win." He said.

"Yeah... but I have the keys!" I said and jingled them in the air. He ran over and tried to grab them from me. I dodged him a few times but he ended up with them.

"Shoot. I nearly had you!" I pouted. Jacob knew I was joking so he laughed. I laughed as well. Renesmee showed up at that moment. I think she was watching from the front door. 

She walked up to Jacob, took the keys from his hand and said, "Then I'll drive," and she entered the car. Jacob smiled and sat in the front seat. I took the back seat.

The minute we backed out of the driveway and they started talking about their memories together, I knew this was gonna be a long car ride.

*****