After Dark (21)

--chapter 21--

Renesmee Cullen

The minute Brooke took off her sunglasses and we saw her deep red irises, I'm sure everyone thought vampire. Daddy ran over, pushed Mum out of the way and rugby tackled Brooke onto the floor. Well, not exactly. Daddy ended up on the floor by himself. Brooke stepped aside at the last second.

"I'm n--" She started off, but this time Emmett tried to slam her into the wall. Brooke quickly reversed the scene and she pinned Emmett to the wall for a few seconds. She let go and he fell onto the floor.

"Just--" Brooke tried again. Daddy attempted again. He did the rugby tackle again, but this time from behind her. She turned round, grabbed Daddy on his waist and flipped him. He landed on the table and broke it into pieces.

"Please--" She tried yet again.

Emmett was about to go at her once more but Carlisle stopped him.

"Emmett. Edward. Stop." Carlisle said  firmly.

They stopped but still glared at Brooke.

"What is it that you want?" Carlisle asked her.

"I'm here on research." Brooke answered.

"For who?"

"I'm just plain curious."

"You're lying." Daddy intercepted.

"Oh please. How would you know?" Brooke snapped.

A low hiss escaped from Daddy's mouth.

"Remember I told you about his... abilities?" Mum asked her.

"Yeah, I know. But he can't affect me." Brooke said.

"You have special abilities too?" Carlisle asked.

"Yes, and anyways I'm stronger. I tend to stay on a healthy diet." She said.

"Then maybe you should leave. We like keep the town's population stable." Daddy suggested with venom in his words.

"But I quite like it here," Brooke smirked and Daddy glared at her. "Oh don't worry Edward. I come in peace." She did the alien peace sign with her left hand.

"Wait, are you a half-human half-vampire like me?" I asked.

"No, of course not! I'd probably be dead by now because," She whispered to me. "They're not that strong."

"Then, what are you?" Esme asked softly. She was also curious about Brooke, but her approach wasn't aggresiveness.

Brooke sighed. "So many questions, so little time." and she headed for the door.

Daddy grabbed her wrist. "You're not leaving until you answer them."

Brooke stared at him. He let go of her hand. Then Daddy fell down to his knees, held his head and shouted in agony. Mum rushed over to Brooke.

"Stop! Stop it! You're hurting him!" She pleaded.

I wanted to help but I couldn't. Brooke stepped out of the daze she was in and looked at Bella.

"Sorry." She apologized and left the house in a blur.

"It looks like we have another vampire on our hands." Carlisle said.

I knew what they meant by that. They tried to make it subtle since I was there, but it didn't work. They were going to kill her. I'm usually against violence, but this time, I was up for it.

*****