After Dark (33)

--chapter 33--

Brooke Hale

Crap. What the hell did Crystal do? This is the problem with newborns. Always careless, always causing trouble. I tend not to make new vampires because I have to clean up their messes. I thought that Crystal would be smarter -- she started out that way -- but now, I'm seriously regreting changing her. I should have just killed her, but then Ryan would turn on me. Sigh. I should really shut my mouth sometimes. 

Anyway, thanks to wolf-girl and half-vamp, I now know what Crystal's been up to. Maybe taking these small breaks away from town is a bad thing. Oh well. It didn't end in vain after all. I'm much closer with Jacob now. We're at the 'Friend' stage now. Took me quicker than I thought it would.

***

I opened the door of Crystal's hotel room. She locked it. Did she really think a thick wooden door could keep a vampire out? Sigh... again. Newborns. Crystal bolted up on her bed. She was watching some show about singing high school students. TV these days... 

"B-Brooke, you're back." She said. It amazes me how people are scared of me. I mean I look at myself everyday in the mirror and I see a sweet, innocent girl. Well, maybe except from the sharp teeth, maroon-coloured eyes, evil smirk...

"Yeah, everyone needs a small break here and there," I said as I explored the items on her dresser. Necklaces. Tons of them. Plus a bunch of silver bracelets.

"So, where did you go?" She asked.

"Seattle, Washington, not so far from here but far enough." I replied.

Hmm... I thought. I am definately borrowing these earrings. I held up the silver hoops with dangling blue beads to my ears and looked at myself in the mirror.

"D-did you have fun?" Crystal asked yet another question.

I sighed and turned around to face her. She looked tense and stiff sitting on the large queen sized bed with her hands laid on her laps. I leaned on the vanity chair.

"Are these questions going anywhere?" I asked.

"Just pure curiosity."

"Anything you need to tell me?" My right eyebrow raised.

"N-no."

If Crystal had a heart, it would probably have been beating really fast.

"Hmm... okay." I said and turned around.

I glanced at the mirror while she gave a sigh of relief. I turned around again, sped to her and grabbed her by her throat. She rose by two inches.

"Listen carefully, and listen good. You can't try to lie to me. I made you undead, and don't think for one second, that I won't flip the switch to 'dead'. Understand?" I snapped.