After Dark (50)

--chapter 50--

Bella Cullen

She's... alive? Sort of...? But, I ripped off her head! Emmett and Edward helped! Why is she standing here in our living room?

Brooke posed at the archway, the way models do at the end of the catwalk. There was silence as we were still trying to evaluate how she's still alive. She scanned who was here and stopped at Jake, with a smirk on her face.

"B-but your dead." I broke the silence.

Brooke considered it. "Technically yes. Since my heart stopped beating eons ago."

"I mean that, we killed you." I said.

Brooke pinched her skin. "Nope, still here!"

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean."

"Oh... that... Jake let me go." Brooke said.

I turned to Jacob, so did everyone else. We all looked seriously shocked.

"You did what?!" Renesmee screeched.

"I know you're like three years old or something so this might be a little unclear. Jake." Brooke pointed at him. "Let. Me." She pointed to herself. "Go." She made a sweeping gesture.

"I'm sixteen." Renesmee said firmly.

"Whatever," Brooke said and walked over to Jacob. "You still need to answer my question." She smirked.

Jacob met her gaze and he glared at her. Renesmee looked ready to attack Brooke any moment if she tried to do anything vicious.

Suddenly Jacob grabbed Brooke by her shoulders and kissed her. She looked shocked and taken aback at first but quickly settled into the display of affection.

Renesmee let out a choked sound and run out of the room. Jacob broke off and ran after her.

Brooke just turned around and said, "Well, that was unexpected, and I'm a freaking mind-reader."

That did it. I shot myself towards her and held her head where I held it before we dismembered her.

"This again?" Her throat vibrated as she talked.

I snapped her head to the side, by it was still attached to her neck.

"OWW!! What the hell?!" Brooke screamed.

"You can feel pain?" I asked.

"Yes! I'm half werewolf now!" She shouted.

"Good." I said and snapped it to the opposite side.

Brooke went silent. I thought she was dead so I checked her face, her eyes were closed and she was silently muttering. I shot a look at Edward desperately. He understood, nodded and looked at Brooke. He looked back at me and shook his head. Great, she probably has her shield up too since he can't read anything.

Suddenly, a blonde vampire entered the room in a blur. She stopped behind me and mimicked the way I held Brooke's head on mine.

"I suggest you let go right now. Because, unlike you, I won't hesitate." She hissed.

I slowly let go of Brooke's neck. She stood up, snapped her head back and tilted her head back and forth.

"Okay, you let her go. I'm fine." Brooke said.

The blonde vampire let go. She stood next to Brooke. I remembered her, her name was Crystal. The one we helped a few weeks back. Then it all made sense. Brooke and Crystal were the ones who were killing all those innocent people.

"Well, you all kill innocent animals but you don't see us wearing 'protect the wildlife' t-shirts infront of you." Brooke snapped.

What? How did sh-- But my shield--

"Your shield isn't that strong Bella. It's easy enough for me to penetrate. The Volturi can also do it too, they just don't know they can." Brooke said.

"What?!" Edward asked. He looked furious. "You wouldn't dare."

"Hmm... now that you mention it... they would let me go in return of this piece of information..." Brooke smirked.

Edward growled lightly. Crystal laughed. Brooke rolled her eyes as if to say, "Newborns...".

"C'mon Crystal. We need to pack." She said.

"Where we going?" Crystal asked.

Brooke turned at me and smiled an evil smile. "Italy." She said and they both dissapeared in a blur.

*****