After Dark (13)

--chapter 13--

Renesmee Cullen

Oh! Thank God! I know she means no harm to me but whenever I'm away from Brooke, all seems right again! I mean, life was so perfect without her here. Jake and I would spend the days of my summer vacation lazing around in La Push, Forks and Port Angeles.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I asked hoping to reignite the sweet memories of our adventures.

"I dunno. Maybe we could go back to the house?" He said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, but don't you want to be alone for once?" I asked with a hinting smile.

"Oh, uh, yeah I guess. But where?"

"Maybe we could go to that small picnic site in the woods. Since it's a Wednesday, there's bound to be no-one there."

***

We walked to the site because we used Brooke's car to get to the hotel. The site wasn't far actually. It was a pretty clearing, with lots of small flowers on the ground. There were a few park benches and picnic tables. At one of them, there was an open picnic basket with food tossed out. There were a few small foxes eating some of the food.

"Whoever who was here last must have left in a hurry." I said.

Jake sniffed the air and looked around. "They were humans here before. Something probably scared them off."

"Jake relax," I sensed that he was getting tense. "It was probably just a member of the pack patrolling or one of my family members out hunting and they came too close."

"Yeah... maybe..." he said thoughtfully. 

"Don't worry Jake, it was probably nothing. Maybe it was a mountain lion or something."

"Whatever it was, we don't want it to corner us right now."

"Please! I'm a half-vampire and you're a werewolf, want could possibly get us?"

"We should still go back, I have a bad feeling about this..."

"Okay fine, we can leave. How about a movie instead?" I asked.

"There's this really cool movie I wanted to see, let's go before it starts!" And he started hiking back.

Ah... he's back to the old Jake. Now, to keep him away from Brooke will be the real problem...

*****