Chapter Nine

Alexis POV

After Jasmin dropped me off at home, I went straight up to my room and had to arrange my room since it was left in such a mess before I left.

The house was weirdly quiet. I know Sophie has an interview but why did mom leave to the shop today?

I sat on the couch to watch movies so I could pass time while having cereal because I was too lazy to actually cook anything else but the door opened and Sophie came in.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hi." She sighed.

"How'd it go?" I asked, eager to hear her response.

"They didn't accept me. They apparently didn't like my personal statement and I guess my SATs wasn't exactly impressive." She sniffled.

"Soph..." I got up and immediately embraced her.

"But I did drop by the cafe before coming here and mom gave me donuts to stop crying." She held up the paper bag.

I chuckled, "So where's mom?" I asked.

"She's doing a night shift at the cafe so I'm in charge tonight,"

"Okay...I wanted to tell you-"

"So Mark's coming over tonight so stay in your room all night." Sophie interrupted me.

"I will, cause I was about to tell you that Jazz is coming over." I finally completed my sentence.

"Great, so what's for dinner?" Sophie asked.

"Why do I have to be the one to cook? Mark's your boyfriend!" I complained.

"He is but Jazz is your best friend and I'm sad and you also love me." She pouted.

I breath a sigh of defeat, "Fine," I rolled my eyes.

"So what are we having?"?

"There's some leftover beef so maybe spaghetti and meatballs?"

"Yum, I love your meatballs." She said back.

I started cooking right after while Sophie just watched me and played on her phone.

I know she's been all smiles now but I know she's hurt, she really wanted to go to NYU.

After I finished cooking, I left Sophie to take hers first.

She immediately started eating and in between eating, the doorbell rang and I ran to open the door.

"Come on in girl!" I chirped when Jasmine's face came into view.

"Something smells divine!" Jasmin closed her eyes with a smile on her face. "Is your mom home?" Jasmine asked and I shook my head.

"It's Lexi's meatballs." Sophie yelled from the dining table.

Jazz greeted Sophie and walked into the kitchen. She grabbed a plate to serve her portion but paused.

"Have you had dinner?" Jasmine turned to look at me and I shook my head.

" Want to eat together?" She asked and I nodded with a smile.

The thing about Jasmine is that she treats my home like it's hers and my family like it's also hers. My mom on the other hand was extremely excited that I had a female friend that she loved Jasmine a lot.

After having our dinner, Jasmine and I went up to my room so we could let Sophie enjoy her time  but Jasmine kept staring at her phone like she was waiting for a text or something.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked her.

She chuckled nervously, "Yeah it's just June telling me that my mom and dad are having issues again." She said slightly sighing.

June is Jasmin's little sister they are a family of 'Js' because her mom's name is Julia while her dad's Justin so they decided to have children with matching names.

"Is it serious?"

"Kinda."

"Yikes, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, we are kinda used to it." She muttered in a low tone.

"So what should we do now? The living room is off limits and there's nothing exciting in my room."

"When it seems life is not going great, you sleep!" She answered.

"But I don't feel sleepy yet." I replied.

"But I do." She yawned and went under the covers.

"Im going down to get a glass of water." I announced but she didn't respond.

She must be feeling really bad about leaving June home alone when her parents are arguing.

I tiptoed to the stairs and peeked downstairs but I only saw Sophie making out with her boyfriend on the couch.

After a long while of playing Sudoku, I fell asleep.

**