Chapter Eleven

Alexis's POV;

After Jasmine left, I couldn't help but feel weird about the whole thing. It didn't feel like our regular sleepovers, it was sort of boring.

"How was the sleepover Lex?" Sophie asked.

"Personally, I feel it was boring but she didn't want to complain or anything." I confessed.

"Why sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Well for starters we didn't exactly talk like how we used to and she slept off immediately after dinner but I couldn't sleep and came down but to a horrific scene." I hinted while staring at Sophie who went red on the spot.

"What scene? Quit exaggerating Lexi," She rolled her eyes at me.

"Well you did-"

"Can we just change the subject!" Sophie waved her hand not wanting mom to grasp what I was hinting at.

"I'm going with Sophie to the cafe mom," I informed her as we were about to leave.

It was a quiet walk to the cafe and to be honest, I was only going there so I could have a hot espresso which George always makes.

When we got there I replaced Tatiana at the cash register so she could go clean the cafe. While Sophie replaced George and took over his work as a barista and waiter.

One of the advantages of working in a cafe is the fact that you learn how to make coffee art.

After the shift, I was pretty much exhausted even though I didn't really do much except sit all day but my family calls it laziness which is far from true.

When we got home we were to lazy to prepare anything because mom had already left without cooking so we just ordered a pizza and waited for it after we both ate we went to bed.

Rriinngg rriinng

My alarm clock went off. When I woke up it was so cold that I wanted to go back to sleep but kept myself standing till I went into the bathroom and the hot water woke me up.

After taking a shower, I brushed my teeth and came out I weaved my hair into a single plait then got dressed in a multicolored vest over a long sleeved shirt and orange pants.

I went downstairs and made breakfast; eggs and toast. When I was done eating, I left some for her and before leaving.

The doorbell went off and I opened to see Andy.

"Hey what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here with Jazz." He answered as he pointed to Jazz who was sitting in the driver's seat waving.

We both entered the car and drove to school while I listened to music on my earphones.

When we entered school we all went to our first class which we all had.

We all sat together but I kept on turning back to glance at Kyle who was in the company of his friends and Christina.

While at class Mr. Derek; our drama teacher, explained that we would be having a play next week and we the seniors are to be actively involved if we want to graduate with honors.

After the announcement the class became really noisy as everyone wanted to know the roles they'll be getting which is stupid because they haven't even announced the roles available yet.

After our first three classes we went to the cafeteria and when we took our food we went to our usual table and began discussing the play.

"Which role do you think you'll get?" Jazz asked Andy.

"I am not really interested in that I have stage fright." He confessed.

"So how do you plan to make up for it? Mr Derek seemed really serious about it."

"I'll do stage hands." He confirmed.

I just sat there listening to their conversation and eating.

"I don't want a huge role, I just want to be at the background maybe as a tree or something. You know, something that wouldn't make people notice me."

Jazz laughed "A tree really!? Girl you are a great actress you should try out for the lead role." She encouraged.

"The lead? Are you crazy the chances I have of winning is one in a million!" I said seriously.

"But lucky for you, you are one in a million." Andy commented and I snorted.

"Oh shut up." I playfully hit his arm.

He stops eating and lowered his gaze.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Umm...yeah I am, I just lost my appetite." He forced a smile.

Why is he being weird about it?

It went silent after that but I never understand why he gets mad at comments like this. It's not like he expects that I would date him, that would be extremely weird.