Chapter Seventeen

Alexis's POV;

I tossed and turned in bed all night and couldn't get any sleep because I was worried about the landlord's threat.

Would he really kick us out?

Would all this be happening if dad was still alive?

"Thinking about dad again, aren't you?" Sophie's voice filled the air causing me to jolt from my bed.

"No? Yes? Yes," I admitted. "I just can't help but wish he was here with us, he'd know what to do." I muttered.

"Lexi, relax it's going to be fine." She reassured me.

"Do you even realize what you're saying? We're this close to getting kicked out of here and mom is sick but you're telling me to relax? How?" I snapped.

"Woah, Lexi is it your time of the month? Why are you getting so mad? Chill." Sophie snorted.

She continued," It won't get better if you get mad at me, we need to stick together now more than ever so just get dressed I'll make breakfast." She pulled me into a quick hug before leaving.

With a sigh, I got ready and took the bus to school. When I got to school, my head felt extremely heavy so I rested it on the wooden table.

Suddenly something hit the table causing me to jolt up. I lifted my head and through a blurry vision, I could see blonde hair. I pushed my glasses back up to my eyes and I saw Kyle looking down on me.

His piercing blue gaze sent weird shivers down my spine.

"So you're going to pretend you didn't see me just now?" He asked.

I shrugged and put my head down the for the rest of the class.

"Are you still frowning? I'm not going to apologize. I texted you."

Who does he think he is?

Alexis, I'm talking to you." He loudly called.

"Just fuck off." I cursed and walked out of the classroom.

With a sigh, I made my way to the garden and sat under a shade as my headache got worse.

Peace and tranquillity.

"So you have a voice after all." A deep voice interrupted my thought.

But I guess not, why am I never blessed with peace?

"Can you just leave? I'm here to relax and I have a headache."

"Why do you keep pushing me away?"

"I don't have the time for this." I grabbed my bag and walked by him.

**

Kyle's POV;

I need to work on my plan fast, I felt this girl was slipping through my hands and something had to be done. I remember having to follow her so we could talk.

"Hey, Alexis right?" I asked.

"And you must be Kyle right?" She rolled her eyes.

Touché.

"If it makes you feel any better, yes I am and of course you know that." I chuckled. "Do you have this attitude because of yesterday's incident?" I asked.

"What do you think?"

"Let me make it up to you. Today, wherever you pick, after school."

She hesitated for a bit before she shook her head.

"Oh come on please Alex, I need to pass all my classes."

"Fine. I'll think about it." She walked away.

At my last class, the principal barged into our class.

"Mathews. Out! Now!" He yelled and I immediately made my way outside where I met my dad.

"We're going home." He ordered.

"But I just can't leave school dad,I've-"

"I said get into the car, now!" He yelled and I sighed.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Home. The senator is coming for lunch and he's bringing his daughter, Blossom and I want you both to be friends. It will be good for my introduction to politics." He started as we got into the car. "She is pretty and is around your age and she's from a decent family, act like a gentleman" He warned.

When we got home, I saw a long line of black cars.

It appears the senator has already arrived.

"Welcome home." The butler greeted both my dad and I as we entered the house.

My father's s face turned to face me, "Remember, act like a gentleman."

We made our way to the dining room and found mom and Emily already on the table, It looked like a feast in the dining room.

"Mr Tyler, so good to see you again and I see you brought your lovely daughter this time." He showed his complete set of teeth.

It's so bizarre how this man switches his mood.

"Mr Matthews it's always a pleasure," Mr senator shook hands with my father before sitting.

My eyes landed on the brunnete sitting in between her mother and her father.

"Why don't you go sit next to Kyle for dinner?" My dad said aloud so the whole table would hear.

"That's a great idea, Stan." Mr senator said.

The brunette girl looked over at her mother for approval. When her mom nodded slightly, she moved close to me. Having her close, I could see her better. She wasn't too bad looking, her skin was caramel in color and she was so slender yet so sexy. Her dress had a V-neck so her cleavage was showing.

She must have noticed me staring because her turned upwards into a coy smile. I doubt she'd blush over our fathers discussing their stocks.

The lunch was a boring one. My father and his friend dominated the conversation on the dining table.

Later into dinner, I remembered Alexis. There's no way she would have waited for me but out of courtesy I should send a text; which I did.

Blossom was boring to talk to. She was just a pretty face and sexy body but that was all, we had no common interests and no chemistry.

I took her to my room with the excuse of showing her the garden and she didn't hesitate to follow me to my room.

Just as I showed her to my room, she turned to face me.

"Are we really here just to see your room?" She raised her brow.

Straight to the point, I love that.

She came close to me and we kissed. Slowly, her hands moved down to meet my excited member and my hands decided to explore.

Just as we were  interrupted when we heard voices from downstairs.

Shit.

She fixed herself up and went downstairs but I didn't go with her because I still felt exhausted.

"Wake up! Wake up!" I heard Emily scream in my ear.

"Ugh...what is it? I don't want to go to school today." I mumbled.

"Dad's home. Are you sure about that?"

My eyes flew open and I jumped up from the bed.

"Did I say home? Sorry I meant dad called." She flashed a devious smile.

"Emily!" I crowed and ran after her but she let out a scream and ran out of my room.

I drove to school in my latest addition which was a Mercedes Benz.

As I entered the class, my eyes instantly caught Alexis ponytail and I walked over to her.

"Fuck off." She seethed.

I followed her all the way outside but she really just walked out on me. I need to do something soon, she's slipping out of my grasp.