Chapter Twenty-One

A L E X I S

The auditorium was packed with students in their costumes,i rush over to kyle and we all practiced the play from beginning to the end.

"Attention students, go and get changed if you haven't already and don't also don't be nervous." Mr Derek announced and encouraged.

"That's my cue," I told Kyle as I got up from my seat and headed to the changing room.

After about fifteen minutes; the auditorium was gradually filling up with parents and supporters but I couldn't even spot Sophie.

I took a deep breath as the curtains were gradually raised.

"Nervous?" He asked and I nodded. "Don't be." He took my hand in his and pulled me to the open stage. As the play went on I finally noticed Sophie coming in with Mark; her friend.

Right in the middle of the play I mixed up a line and I froze but Kyle went on like nothing happened and pushed me to continue and when the play was over, everyone got up from their seats to cheer for us.

"Good job guys!" Mr Derek clapped as we went backstage. "Matthews great job on going along with Alexis, it could have been a disaster." He gave Kyle a pat on the back.

It's true, it's because of him I didn't mess up.

"Thank you."

"I don't accept."  He bitterly replied.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because it isn't sweet enough."

"So...?"

"Let's go get ice cream and I'll consider it."

"Sure...but when?" I asked.

"Now." He ordered. "Well technically not now,get changed and text me when you're ready, I'll come get you from wherever you are."

"Okay then." I managed to reply.

I got changed and headed to my locker but found Jazz and Andy talking.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey!" They simultaneously said.

"You were on fire girl!"  Jazz pulled me into a hug.

"You were great Lexi." Andy added.

"You both did so well too!"

"I was a tree. All I had to do was stand there." Jazz sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Well now that the play's over, let's go out to celebrate."

"Yay! When?" I asked secretly crossing my fingers as I hoped they say tomorrow or something.

"What do you mean when?" She joked. "Right now baby girl." She grabbed my arm.

"Yeah let's do that." Andy joined in.

"Wait...but...I'm tired?" I stammered.

"Don't worry girl when we get ice cream you'll feel better."

"I..ce..cream?" I swallowed the saliva that was stuck in my throat.

"Yeah, I wanted us to go to McDonald's for food but since you're tired, ice cream then."

"I can't...I'm going with Sophie to meet my mom over at where she's working." I lied.

Did I just lie again? Gosh, I've been doing this a lot recently.

"Yikes...then tomorrow?" Andy suggested with a frown and I couldn't help but feel terrible.

"Yeah...Jazz can I talk to you for a sec?" I turned to Jazz.

"Yes...tell me."

"I wanted to tell you that K-"

"Lexi!" Sophie's voice echoed through the halls. "You were amazing." Sophie pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks!" I replied as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Let me borrow my sister for a bit," She turned to face Andy and Jazz.

"She's all yours." Jazz agreed.

Sophie pulled me to the corner where Mark hugged and congratulated me.

"Hey Soph, I need your help." I whispered to her.

"What's going on?"

"I have a date today and I need your help to get ready for the it."

Sophie's face instantly lit up and she leaned back to look at me before a huge smile spread across her face.

"Omg, Mark can you take us home right now? It's an emergency!"

Mark was genuinely confused but didn't ask any questions and just did as he was told and took us home in his jet black SUV and parked right outside our house.

"Thanks, I'll call you later." She kissed Mark goodbye before skipping to meet me at the front door.

She seemed pretty elated to be with Mark and I loved it for her.

Sophie directed me to sit on the chair in front of her mirror while she worked the magic she's been wanting to work for years.

My face was something I was proud of for the first time ever, I felt confident and happy.

I looked in the mirror and the person who stared back at me didn't look like me. The black tube top brought out my boobs while the blue high waist jeans brought out my ass but I covered it up with a black leather jacket. My brown hair was straightened and my green eyes were highlighted with contacts.

When I got to the cafe, I went straight to the counter but Tatiana gave me a weird look ass she saw me approaching.

"Welcome! What would you have?" She greeted me like a random customer causing me to chuckle.

"Tati!" I sneered. "It's me Alexis!" I giggled.

Her eyes widened with shock. "Oh wow! You look great! Where are-" She stopped mid sentence as my phone buzzed and it was a message from Kyle;

I'm here but I can't find you, where are you?

Immediately I turned to the door where Kyle just walked in and immediately strolled to the counter.

"K-"

"Relax, let him find you." Tatiana suggested.

"Um...excuse me, I'm looking for Alexis. Do you know if she's here yet?" He asked Tatiana but I could feel his eyes linger on me.

"Oh sorry. You look really familiar to someone I'm supposed to meet." He apologized.

I turned to Tatiana who smiled deviously and left us at the counter.

He turned to leave when I gathered courage to call out to him.

"Kyle." I called and he immediately turned back and had to do a double take.

"Alexis?"

I nodded and he walked over to me; his eyes never leaving mine for a second. He assessed my look from my hair while his eyes trailed down to even my shoes.

His eyes had this weird glow, more like he wanted to say something but couldn't. Would he at least say something? I know I looked good, would it kill him to just say it to me?

I was still new at this but I ended up breaking the silence.

"Shall we?"

"Let's." He replied as he took my hand and we walked out of the cafe together.