Chapter Thirty-Eight

Kyle's POV

Did I just hear him right?

Did he just say her mom died?!

"Are you being serious?" I asked with a faded smile.

"Yes. They had her wake last week and the funeral, I guess is on Saturday? I'm really not sure." Ashton explained and so many things began running through my mind.

"I need to see Alexis. Right now." I muttered under my breath and made my way to my car parked outside.

I can't begin to imagine how she must be feeling.

I drove to her house and knocked at the door and waited for a response but nothing.

"Alexis open the freaking door or I will break it down!" I yelled into the house as my knocking intensified. "Ale-"

"Who are you?" A middle aged man with a belly interrupted me. "I'm looking for Alexis Coleman. Is she in?" I asked.

"Alexis?"

"Alexandra."

"Alexandra. Alexis. Oh the girl with green eyes who lives with her sister and mother. Sad what happened to her mom." He looked down at his shoes, shaking his head.

"Yes...her...where are they?" I asked again walking towards him.

"They don't live here anymore. They couldn't pay for the month. So I sent them packing." The man stuttered and my fists got clenched.

"You threw out two helpless girls?!" I raised my voice taking him by the collars.

"It's a matter of money. I felt bad for them but I couldn't incur a loss." He avoided my eyes looking at my hands on his collar.

"Because of you they could both may be sleeping on the streets and you only care about money!" I say through a gritted teeth tightening my grip on his collar.

"They aren't on the streets, they went to leave with their aunt in another city!" He said to relieve himself from guilt and my grip loosened.

"Where does this aunt live?"

"How do you expect me to know that?"

"This was a waste of time" I released his collar.

I walked over to my car and brought out a piece of paper that had my phone number on it then handed it over to the man.

"Call this number, If you hear anything about them." I told him and he took the piece of paper.

I got into my car to process everything I've heard within the last twenty four hours.

Alexis' mom is gone.

She probably doesn't live in this city anymore.

Doesn't attend Greenfield anymore.

Probably not the right order but my head is a mess right now.

Staring at my steering wheel, I remember her smiling face when we went out for ice cream.

Damn, I really took her for granted huh?

I continuously hit the steering wheel in anger. This is all my fault. Alexis was doing great before I stepped into her life.

I need to find her.

Tatiana.

Tatiana must know where her aunt's house is. I started my car and drove to the cafe Alexis family owned once upon a time.

I stepped out of the vehicle after parking and enter the now busy cafe. I looked over at the counter and saw that she wasn't there.

That's weird, She's always at the counter.