Chapter Nineteen

Alexis's POV

"Oh my God!" I gasped as my hands instinctively dropped the tray to shield my eyes.

"Shit!" He cursed and grabbed a towel.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I immediately apologized as I felt my face redden. "I'll clean it up."

I went down to pick up the pieces and the guy in question joined me to pick it up.

Not only is his body hot but he's also super nice.

"Than-."

I paused when I lifted my eyes and came in contact with a familiar blue pair.

Kyle?

"Alexis?" He called with a confused expression.

"That would be me," I sighed.

"When you said you were busy, I actually thought you meant busy doing girly stuff, I didn't think you would stalk me to my house!"

"Don't be silly, I'm not stalking you. It's complicated."

"Uncomplicate it otherwise I won't believe you."

"My mom works here." I blurted out. "I'm here to help."

"Oh." He muttered.

"I'm sorry about the lemonade, I'll get you another one." I got up after picking the last piece.

"I don't want it anymore."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep!" He smiled. "It's good that you're here, give me call so we can rehearse, Mr Derek wants run through the play tomorrow."

"Sure."

"What happened?" Midge asked when she saw me with the broken pieces.

"Oh it was an accident, he said he doesn't want it anymore." I replied.

Midge looked like she wanted to say something but she didn't.

"Mom, I'm going to take a look around the house!" I informed her.

"Don't stay out too long, it's almost time to close."

Before I left my mom, I took out my phone to text Kyle and he asked me to wait in the living room. As I wandered around the spacious living room, I couldn't help but appreciate the interior. The glass chandelier which hung from the ceiling, white and grey curtains draping down to cover the windows while the furnitures were both fancy and elegant.

"Are you done drooling over the interior? Let's go." Kyle's deep voice brought me back to reality.

I followed Kyle like a lost little girl from behind while he led us to a room which after seeing the huge bookshelf seemed to be something like a study.

As my hands grazed the books which sat on the shelf, a smile appeared on my face.

Never have I seen such nice books in one place. From Jane Austen to Shakespeare to even Colleen Hoover.

It was very diverse.

"You like?" He appeared next to me.

"I don't like, I love!" I squealed.

"You'd get along with my sister, she's such a nerd." He commented. "Come on, let's practice." He ordered.

After spending a little over an hour rehearsing our lines, my stomach growled loudly. My eyes went from my stomach to his face which had instantly brightened and went into a fit of laughter.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.

"I'm not hungry." I lied.

"Your body doesn't seem to agree with you." He teased and I sighed.