Chapter Twenty-Six

Alexis's POV;

"Wake up!" I heard a familiar voice scream.

"No, I don't wanna go to school today." I mumbled into my pillow while covering my face.

"Why not?"

"Because everyone's gonna laugh at me."

"That is exactly why you will go to school. They think you're going to hide under your blanket."

"Well they aren't far from the truth."

"Come on Lexi." She groaned and pulled off my blanket, exposing my warm body to the cold that engulfed the room.

"No Sophie, no," I replied. "I'm not as strong or confident as you. I can't handle the stares and gossips."

"I know what would shut them up." Her eyes brightened. "Imagine returning to school in a whole aesthetic! It's like revenge body but with clothes this time." She suggested.

"I'm still not going to look pretty."

"Shut up. I'll dress you up."

Sophie dragged me from my bed by pulling my feet and landing me on the floor.

"Ow." I glared cat her.

"You're not on your bed anymore so get dressed. I'll make breakfast and then come up to dress you up." She instructed and I groaned.

I took a shower and waited for Sophie to work her magic. A black tube top, blue jeans and a black leather jacket made me feel like a whole different person. She curled my hair and did a little bit of make up too.

As my eyes assessed my look through the mirror, a smile appeared on my lips.

How come I never added jeans to my closet? It fits the figure quite well.

Sophie took me to school in her boyfriend's car and parked outside.

"Remember, the best make up a girl can wear is self confidence. If you have that, you're the most beautiful girl on the planet." Sophie encouraged before driving off.

Sophie's right. Enough of all the bullying and low self esteem. I looked in that mirror today and I couldn't even recognize myself.

Have I always been this pretty?

I went to my locker to check out my class schedule and Jazz walked up to me.

"Hey girl, sorry I couldn't be a good best friend yesterday, It just took me by surprise that's all." She looked down at her shoes feeling embarrassed.

"It's fine, I'm not mad at you, just Kyle." I explained.

"Speaking of Kyle, I just realized there's a lot you haven't told me."

"Okay then, lunch at the Garden?"

"Lunch in the garden." She confirmed.

With my books in hand, I made my way to biology.

"Hey pretty girl." Someone called but I kept on walking.

"Hey!" The voice got deeper and he tapped me on shoulder causing me to turn around and pause.

A tanned guy with brown hair in a blue school jacket stood in front of me.

"Me?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'm having a party later today, would you um...?"

"Alexis."

"Right; Alexis." He paused then assessed my look. "Wait Alexis? The one from the cafeteria incident yesterday?"