Chapter Thirty-Seven

Kyle's POV;

I put my key in the ignition and started it, determined to go to Alexis.

She told me to give her space.

Well fuck it, I've given have her enough space.

I drove to Alexis' house and knocked on the wooden door and sighed waiting for a response.

I knocked again and stood there. I was about to knock again but the door opened slightly and there she stood.

"Kyle..." Her green eyes glimmered. It seems she had trouble sleeping because I noticed she had eye bags.

She also looked like she had been crying. I just stood there. Powerless. Unable to create words. I had never seen her so sad.

Is this because of me and my mistakes?

"Why are you here?" She whispered calmly.

"I want to talk to you." I managed to say.

"Go awa..."

"Lexi, who's at the doo-" Her sister interrupted and glared at me when she saw me.

"Get out!" She yelled at me. She also looked sad and upset.

I glanced over at Alexis but she just stared. "Go kyle. I don't want to talk to you." She said slowly and her sister slammed the door.

She told me to leave again. Fuck this.

I got home and was greeted by my mom who was pacing back and forth. "What happened?" I look at her holding my jacket in my hand.

"Your dad is going out of the country for awhile and he wants us to have dinner together before he leaves. I was getting worried because I've been unable to reach you." She explained to me.

"Dinner? What the hell mom it's just 4pm!" I argued and she just shot me a glare.

"Language!"

"Sorry."

"Let's just go to the dining table." She took my hand and led me there.

We reached there and I saw Emily and dad sitting and talking. I pulled out a chair for my mom to sit and then I pulled one out for myself.

It wasn't long before they started serving and we started eating. It was awkward and everywhere was silent. My dad cleared his throat to break the silence.

"I will be going to France for some work." He broke the silence as he cut his steak.

"Oh daddy, I'd love to go with you" Emily stared at him.

"You have school Emily, focus on that. We can all go to France when you both are on holidays." He told her and she looked back at her plate.

"Buy me a lot of things then!" She beamed so excited, and he nodded his head.

I ate my food silently observing the drama happening in front of me. Emily's relationship with our father was something I envied.

They were always in sync. He was always trying to please her. But me? He didn't care about me! All he wants is to impose his will on me.

"I should be off now, my flight will take off in the next thirty minutes. I should be there on time." My father said standing up.

My mother moved closer to him and smiled at him. While Emily hugged him and he kissed her on her forehead. I just stood there.

"Kyle." He came to me and patted me on my shoulders and I turned my gaze to his hand. "Take care of the family while I'm gone" He smiled at me while I returned his smile back to him.