Chapter Thirty-Six

Kyle's POV

"Rise and shine sleepyhead!" A tiny voice echoed through my room. I groaned clutching to my pillow and turning the opposite direction.

Silence engulfed my room.

Maybe she left.

I heard the curtains rails move and suddenly, a bright ray of sunlight hit my face.

"No..." I opened my face and sat up straight. "What the hell Em?" I scowled.

"Someone's a little off today, what happened last night? Did you fight with your girlfriend?" She looked concerned.

"No. I don't want to talk about it." I answered as I ran my hand through my blonde hair.

"If you tell me maybe I co-"

"I just fucking said that I don't want to fucking talk about it. Get out of my room Em! I'm not coming down for breakfast." I yelled at her causing her to flinch.

"Now I'm certain there's something's wrong. I'll come later." She exited my room.

I went back to bed and tried to fall asleep again but it didn't work.

With a frustrated groan, I stomped to my bathroom to brush my teeth and then took a shower.

I sat on my desk and flipped open my laptop, a picture of Ash, Brian and I popped up on the screen.

Ash and I have never fought before. Maybe we have when we were younger but it's been a while.

I deserved everything I got, losing Alexis; the one girl that was really down for me. Lost Ashton; my best friend and a brother.

I don't deserve them,I'm such a shitty person.

Maybe I could disappear for a while to give them both space.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when my MacBook buzzed; it was a video call from Christina.

I clicked on accept and Christina's excited face popped up on my screen.

"Hello cutie," She smirked.

"What the hell do you want?" I raised my voice a little.

"Relax, now that Alexis knows the truth, she wouldn't want to see you again. So I know you have no one to keep you company in bed, so if you're feeling a little bit lonely, you can call me."

"Damn you really don't have any self respect right?" I replied.

"Excuse me?" She spat.

"You made Alexis find out so she'd dump me. And now you are here trying to get me to sleep with you? There's a limit to being a bitch you know." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She feigned ignorance.

"I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you." I replied before disconnecting the call.

I grabbed a jacket and made my way downstairs and left through the front door.

As I got into my car, I decided to go to Alexis family's cafe. It looked bigger and better and I noticed there were more cars parked outside than usual. I entered the cafe and there is so much chatter and giggles.

The interior looks like it got re done. Why didn't Alexis tell me the cafe was getting renovated?

I walked over to the counter and spotted a familiar face, she was here when I picked up Alexis for our first date.

"Good morning, what can I get for you?" She asked in a bored tone.

"You don't remember me?" I asked and she examined my features from head to toe before shaking her head. "I was here with Alexis like a month ago or so?" I reminded.

Recognition dawned on her face, "Oh hey you! You are Alexis boyfriend!" Her whole face lit up.

"Ex actually." I corrected. "We broke up." I added.

"Sorry to hear that. You guys looked totally cute together."

"So business is booming. Look at all the customers." I turned to look at the now bustling cafe.

"That's so true, it's been like this for a few weeks now."

"So where's Alexis? Didn't she come in today?"

"Alexis?" She raised her eyebrows. "Alexis doesn't work here anymore. You know her mom sold the cafe to a businessman and he got it redone." She explained. "Alexis didn't tell you?"

Alexis did not tell me that her mom sold their cafe. What else didn't she tell me?

"Hey you! Waitress! What are you doing chatting? Get to work!" An authoritative voice interrupted us.

"Right away sir, I was just trying to get this man's order." She told the man behind me. "Gotta go." She faced me.

"See you around." I replied before making my way out.

Just as I was trying to leave, I bumped into the man yelling at Tatiana but I kept on moving.

"Young kids these days! Hey you!" The middle aged bald man called me.

I'm not going to apologize for bumping into him. He should have watched where he was going. I slowly turned to him and then he froze.

"You look familiar, are you Kyle Matthews?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"No, but I do know your father, I saw a family photo in his office. What brings you here? Did you come to take a look the new establishment your father bought?" He smiled and showed off his brown teeth.

My father bought? My dad bought the cafe from Alexis mom? Did Alexis also know that fact?

"My dad's the new owner of the place?' I asked wanting to confirm. "Yes." He answered immediately.

"Where's that waitress serving you?. Hey! Waitress #3 come here!" He commanded and Tatiana came running. "Did you take any money from him? I hope not because he's the owner's son!" He informed her.

She gasped, "I didn't know that sir, I'm so sorry if you're offended that I didn't give you anything to drink." She apologized.

"It's alright Tatiana." I smiled.

"Would you like to have a cup of coffee?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Thank you but I'm in a hurry." I faked a smile.

"Sure, make sure to say hello to your dad for me  and let him know the cafe's I'm good hands."

**

I need to talk to Alexis.