Chapter Thirteen

Alexis's POV;

I was really nervous to check the list but then Christina and her minions walked towards us and right past us.

As she passed, the crowd dispersed and made a path for her.

Why are they treating her like royalty?

We followed behind her and used the opportunity to peak at the list. My name was boldly written on the first page and as I leaned closer, I saw that I was given the female lead role.

Just as I was about to celebrate, I heard a shriek.

"It's not that bad." Caitlin tried to calm her down.

"What? I got the role of an understudy for the farm girl and she doesn't even get a lot of scenes." She complained.

"You! You!"Christina pointed her index finger at me with rage visible on her face.

"Who do you think you are? You're not good enough for the lead. You're ugly and too timid. Go and reject the role right now!" She demanded.

"It's not her fault your acting sucks." Jasmine interfered.

"This doesn't concern you bitch." She glared at Jazz.

"Leave her alone, Jazz." I yelled at the both of them before pulling her out of there.

When school was over, everyone gathered in the auditorium, including Christina. I guess everyone needs the extra cred.

Mr Derek, our director, was taking a while to address us.

"Sorry, I took so long the teachers had a meeting." Mr Derek explained kinda happy that the place was packed.

"You made a mistake with the female lead, how comeI didn't get it or Jasmin, did you really have to give it to that nerd?" Christina pointed at me.

"There was no mistake, you guys did well but Alexis here did better. Don't you think so too?" He asked her and she went quiet.

"Yes, I definitely agree." Christina said through a gritted teeth.

"Now let's move on to the explanation, we won't have that much time to practice so I suggest you guys meet up privately to practice." Mr Derek announced.

"Alexis you are a princess waiting to be rescued from the evil dragon, the knight will attempt rescuing you but will fail. A prince comes to search for you and he will take directions from a farm girl. He rescues you, slays the dragon and you two will kiss. The End." He summarized.

He handed us all a paper which had our lines.

"But who's the male lead?" Andy asked a little curious.

"It's no other than yours truly," Kyles voice echoed through the auditorium.

Just as I gasped, I heard about four other people gasp.

First was Christina, she was red with anger. I understand hers she's always trying to seduce Kyle.

Second was Andy, I really didn't understand why he gasped and why he even cares. Andy doesn't interfere in these things.

The third and final person was Jasmine, I still didn't understand hers too but I'm gonna find out.

And finally myself, yes I gasped because it was so weird and cringe to think my first kiss is going to be such a player.

During the practice t went out to get water from the vending machine when I heard footsteps.

"Alexis." A deep voice resounded in the hallway.

I turned my attention to Kyle who walked over to me.

"So since we are the main characters i was thinking we could walk on it today? After school so are you like free?" He asked

Is he asking me out? Wait is this how guys ask girls out though?

I stood confused because no guy has ever asked me if I was free before.

"So is this like a date or something?"

I wanted to be sure.

"Call it whatever you want, so do you know somewhere we can hang out?"

"Would my family's cafe work?" I asked with my gaze lowered.

"Okay, so give me your number and text me the place."

"Okay."

After he leaves, Jazz walked up to me with a visibly mad expression.

"What's it?" I asked with a smile.

"Why was he talking to you?" My smile dropped.

"Why are you mad?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"Neither did you but can you believe it he asked me out today!" I squealed.

Jasmine knitted her brows in confusion,
"Why would he do that?" she asked in a flat tone.

"What's this attitude?" I frowned.

"I'm only asking."

"Well he said it's to practice the roles but personally, I want to use this opportunity to get to know him better."

"Wait, don't tell me the person you like is Kyle?" She asked like she wasn't ready to hear the answer.

"He is. How'd you find out? I thought I was doing a good job hiding it.