Chapter 23: H&H

Hazel meeting Harry would not be easy as Thalia meeting Louis, Thalia was a complete stranger in Louis' story, but Harry has seen Hazel, and in a distasteful day. Now it was Thalia's responsibility to make sure whether Harry remembers her or not, if he does they had to come up with another arrangement.
.
'So Harry, out of curiosity...just in case I bumped into someone....do you remember how the girl with Louis that day looked like?'
.
Harry was blonde now, he looked hotter and gayer than ever. 'What?!huh', was all he said.
.
Thalia repeated the question.
.
'Ooh that..............girl' the word girl came out with difficulty. 'I don't know all I remember was she was with Louis, my Louis' he suddenly looked up and asked, 'why you tracked her down? Are you not telling me something?'
.
Thalia grew nervous, calming herself she said, 'no no..nooo.......I'm just asking if I knew how she looked like maybe I'll be able to find her, there are no pictures on any social media either, Louis hides well doesn't he?' She planned to go with the flow.
.
So the meeting plan was a go, Harry wouldn't recognise Hazel, maybe just in case she could wear some extra make up and some accessories that would make her look a little different, which wasn't Hazel's thing not at all, she was more of a tomboyish girl.
.
So she had to dress up a little, she didn't feel like her usual self, and she didn't want to get caught by Louis in that state, he would tease her for days, she somehow managed to slip out, by giving him smaller details that she won't be there on a particular evening.
.
.
.
Hazel wasn't nervous to meet Harry except the fact he might recognise her and thinks might take a bad turn, she knew all about him, Louis had given Harry Styles 101 lecture to Hazel. At the restaurant they planned to meet, the table was reserved but Thalia and Harry weren't there yet. Hazel took a seat and waited with a glass of water, while she wondered what Thalia had told Harry about her, how was she gonna introduce her?
.
She heard Harry's voice behind her, there he was, in cream coloured pair of trousers and a black shirt, and Thalia was right behind him waving at her.
.
They exchanged pleasantries, Thalia had told Hazel was her distant cousin, who was working in a label company, didn't say where. Everything was fine except the fact that Harry seemed detached from the conversation, what was he thinking? Or maybe he just hated her...Hazel started wondering.
.
.
But slowly and steadily the conversation became lively, they used the same technique as they did with Lou, Hazel kept analysing Harry's body language whenever Louis' name was mentioned. He was obviously in love with Louis, even a little obsessed and insecure. But there was one thing both Hazel and Thalia couldn't pin point at. That uneasiness wasn't just because he missed him, there was something else too, anger, confusion...something that took more effort for them to figure out very later.
.
.
(Hazel's POV)
What is it? What is it? There's something there that wasn't before in Harry's mind, he still loves him, but something is holding him back. The effort would be a waste if I didn't figure it out, think Hazel think....I kept telling myself while I finished my soup at the restaurant.
.
I decided to change the topic and see if that expression on his face was still there, so I asked about the shooting and when the movie will be released, he just answered the question and moved ok with no interest to take the topic further. He was only half of what Louis told me, the other half was completely new to me, something is bothering him, or he's about to make a huge decision. Either way will it affect Louis was all I could think.
.
.
Suddenly he got a call, said he has to leave, asked Thalia to text him when she got home, said a cold goodbye to me and left. I was puzzled or I was angry...or maybe a mix of both. Couldn't quite figure it out, and obviously I was confused. The guy I met today wasn't Harry Styles...he was neither Harry nor Styles.
I asked Thalia about it, she said she knew nothing, because he was all cheerful on the way here.
.
So it was something about me, I realised it now, but what was it? I'm gonna lose my sleep today that's for sure. But if he had recognised me from that day, he'd have left early, why wait till we finished? Being a gentleman?
.
I was lost in my thoughts, when Thalia said she didn't drive and didn't have enough money for cab, I drove, so I offered to take her.
.
.
It was a long drive, from the restaurant she really did live on the other side from my area, Thalia invited me in for coffee, I wasn't gonna get any sleep anyway so I agreed. We decided to put a hold on Harry and Louis and decided to talk about us, we were friends we did need some time together. But deep in my mind the questions kept rising again and again. Little did I know that Thalia had something buried in her as well.