Chapter 46: Duties

'Hazel....umm could...could we talk in private?', Louis walked up to her with a cigarette pack in his hand.
.
'Okay we can talk....but you've got to put that pack away', Hazel demanded.
.
'Fine...fine....I've been meaning to try and stop anyway', Louis sighed as he tried many times but failed.
.
They both went to the backyard..and while walking out Hazel saw Harry taking Thalia out the front door as well.
.
.
'Lou is everything alright? What is it you seem.....idk confused and nervous.'
.
'Everything is good...but I am a little nervous maybe....it's something really important.'
.
'No judgement no bailing out...whatever it is I'll be there buddy.....what is it?'
.
'As you know my wedding is in less than a month right?'
.
'Yes.....isn't that why we're all here everyday.......'
.
'There's this important element still pending.......'
.
'Louis......you've something in mind, I don't care what it is...just tell me what it is I'll fix it.'
.
'It's not something you can fix....it's something you've to do.....'
.
'And that is..........'
.
'Will....you...be....my.....best man?'
.
'A.....are you serious? Louis this is a great honour...a huge one.....yes but...you've known Liam, Niall and Zayn for a long time and they are your best friends too.......'
.
'Let me just stop you there Hazel.....look...we've known each other for two..two and a half years...there hasn't been a single day...you left my side..or stopped worrying about me....I've thought this through and I want you there by my side....'
.
'It means a lot to me Lou..it's my honour..yes I'll be your best man....best woman?! What's the right word?'
.
'Why don't we go inside talk to the rest of the gang and figure it out?'
.
Hazel nodded and started walking with him back inside...when he joked, 'you know if I get cold feet you have to talk sense into me....'
.
'I don't think you'd be the one getting the cold feet....we're gonna write a different history about the duties of groom and his best man.'