The Green Monster

If Jason was going to be completely honest, he hadn't been feeling the best lately.

After the incident with Percy, and Leo looking really freaking fragile, not only did Jason feel like he missed out on something, but he also was now worried about what was going on during these so called "therapy sessions."

What the hell could they be talking about?

'Are they talking about me?'

'What is Percy doing?'

'Is Percy making a move?'

'That two timing son of a bi-'

Jason didn't realize that he was scowling until he felt a finger press between his eyebrows, smoothing out the creases.

"You'll get wrinkles if you frown so much," Leo said and Jason gaped.

Gods, his face was so fucking cute with that concerned look.

'What I wouldn't give to squish those cheeks and ki-'

He cleared his throat to cut off that thought as he pulled away. He hoped his face wasn't as red as it felt like.

Leo's own brows furrowed at the reaction he got and he wondered if he overstepped any boundaries.

"Sorry," he mumbled as he took a step backwards. "You've just been scowling a lot lately. Is something wrong?"

"Oh, have I?" Jason rubbed at his temple, "I'm sorry, I guess I just haven't been sleeping the best."

It was a lie, and a pretty obvious one at that. The two still had to share a bed so the other would know if they weren't sleeping good and Jason was the same snoring cuddle bug he was when they first started this.

Leo knew better to pry though and so he accepted it. "Well, I'm here if you ever want to talk."

Jason nodded, albeit, a bit taken aback. Somehow Leo sounded... more mature? He didn't know how to describe it. He wasn't sure if he even liked it..

Leo turned away at only getting a nod in response. He didn't want Jason to see the slightly peeved look he had.

Here Jason has had front row seats to Leo's personal show of wanting to self harm or kill himself and yet he wouldn't even tell him what was on his mind? It was so obvious that something was eating away at him, so why wouldn't he say?

"You wanna go work on a project?" Jason suggested. Leo shrugged and got up, leading the way to the workshop.

There were only a few others there. Most of them were out for lunch, but the few that stayed were hyperfocused on their projects. Leo had already had a project in mind and began to draw up blueprints.

To Jason, it looked like a bad drawing of a mushroom and he couldn't help making a confused face. The smaller boy laughed and flipped the papers over so Jason could see better.

"I'm making shoe modifications. Here, if I load my left shoe with water and my right shoe with a fan. Then I put them together and bam! Instant Iris message anytime, anywhere."

Jason nodded politely, but he had become lost when he noticed the small scribbles on the sides of the blueprint.

'Are those... equations?'

"What kind of-" the blonde gasped when he realized where he had seen one of those problems before. On a quest awhile ago, they had stopped inside a restaurant that had been talking about these crazy scientists that came up with equations that even people that majored in math couldn't decipher. Now here was Leo using one of those equations for fun?! What did this even mean?!

"Leo... what is that?" He asked as he pointed to the problem.

Leo looked at it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Well this is to measure out the fan velocity to the amount of water coming out of the canister. I also have to take into account windy days and the distance between the fan and the water."

Jason stared, "You said what now?"

But Leo was already done explaining and didn't bother trying again, instead he collected the blueprints protectively and began to measure the items he would use.

Being good at math was a Hephesteus thing, but not only that, it was also a part of his mom thing. His mom used to quiz him in all things math and algebra. She didn't believe that there was an age limit to learning equations and had begun teaching him that nearly from the time that he learned two plus two equals four.

Equations were always something fun to the two of them and, naturally, Leo excelled in that field. Unfortunately, that would always lead to bullies at school and people trying to force him to do their homework. It never lasted for long though. Once he told his mother, she would take him out of that school and they would try somewhere else.

When she died, Leo stopped learning for a time. He would refuse to do anything close to math and his grades suffered from it. He didn't care though. He would rather fail than have to be reminded of his mother again.

That had been a while ago and when Leo came here, he had relearned his love for math. It was so simple yet complex, fun yet teasingly difficult. He loved it. And he didn't like when others gave that confused face like Jason just had. Like Leo was some sort of weirdo for being able to find x.

Leo must have been frowning because soon he heard Jason's voice trying to explain.

"I'm sorry, I just thought it was really cool how you could do that. I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything.

He didn't give a response at first, working on his project for a bit longer as he thought.

"It's okay," he said finally.

"Do you need any help? I could hold a hammer for you or knock in some nails?" Jason asked and to his surprise, Leo laughed.

"You would say something like that. Sure, how about you hold the leather cutter and I'll get the mini saw."

Jason's face fell as Leo used words he was not expecting and suddenly he had the feeling that being able to knock a nail in, wasn't going to be enough.

Leo laughed again and stood on his tiptoes to pat Jason's head, "It's okay. You don't have to do anything."

"Okay.." Jason's voice came out as a whisper as his face lit up.

'Gods, Leo is gonna kill me.'