The reason why

A/N: Okay I literally knew exactly what this chapter would be about, but my schedule is all switched up and I have to go to bed early every night cuz of college and volleyball, even though nighttime is when I normally write. I'll work something out though because this story can't end yet.

////

Will Solace walked inside, every step he took was a punch to Leo as he realized the full situation once more. 

'Oh yeah, they're only doing this because I almost killed myself.' 

'Jason is only hanging out with me because he's forced to.'

'I have to get a checkup because something is wrong with me.'

'I'm such a nuisance...'

Leo took a trembling breath as Will came to stand beside him. Tears stung his eyes, but he would not cry. Leo answered all of the common protocol questions without even a slight tremor in his voice. In fact, his voice was devoid of all emotion as well. 

Jason picked up on this immediately. Curious as to what caused the sudden mood change in his best friend, he came to sit beside the small boy. That was when noticed Leo's face and he realized that it wasn't just his voice that was lacking emotion. There was absolutely no emotion on the Latino's face. His eyes could have been those of a corpse. Completely lifeless. In that moment, Jason decided he never wanted to see this look on Leo's face ever again.

"Are we almost done?" Jason asked in an attempt to wrap this up.

Will shook his head, "I still need to check his cuts." 

Leo flinched at the last word and stared at the ground.

'That's right. Apparently people care if you slice up your body.'

'Everyone is going to see my disgusting cuts.'

'They're going to hate me.'

'They're going to think something is wrong with me.'

'They're going to think I'm disgusting.'

'They hate me.'

'I'm disgusting.'

Leo had become completely deaf to the rest of the conversation. Jason asked if it was necessary to check now and if we could do it later. But Leo couldn't hear any of this. His vision blurred with the tears in his eyes and his breath choked.

'I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this!!'

Forcing his body to move, Leo wobbled as he stood up. Both boys in the room looked at him as he staggered a couple steps and Jason quickly stood up to help him. Leo pushed him away and headed towards the door, but stumbled. Will and Jason rushed forward shouting his name and all of Leo's senses came flooding back with one single thought. 'I need to get out of here!'

Like a bullet from a gun, he was shot off. Out the door, out of sight. 'I have to be anywhere but here!' He could hear the others calling his name after him, but he could not stop. He would not stop! But where could he go? The only place they can't get him is Bunker Nine, but they would probably try to check there first. He did not want to deal with them trying to get in right now. 

'I could just go drown myself in the lake.'

'But the myriads would not let that happen. They don't like trash in their home'

Water... Maybe there was someone who could help him. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but Leo didn't think he would turn him in.  Leo decided and changed course. To better or worse? It was yet to be determined.

Leo ran as hard as he could. He didn't know if they were still following him or if they gave up, but at this point it didn't matter. He needed refuge. He needed safety.

'What if he just kicks me out?'

'What if he turns me in?'

'Is this a mistake?'

'Dammit!!'

He skidded to a stop in front of the cabin.

'What if he's not here?'

Leo quickly shoved the thought aside and entered the cabin taking deep, slow breaths.

"Percy? Are you in here?"

AN: I changed it. I give you a new cliffhanger. I now have no clue what to do for the next chapter which is okay cuz now I can write crap yall wont understand sorry