click click clack

Leo groaned, "Do I even really want to know then?"
Jason didn't bother with a response. Instead, venturing deeper into the bunker and coming back with- "Is that a picnic basket?"

"It's not what you think." He grinned as he opened the basket revealing numerous pieces of scraps and Leo jolted, as if he had been electrocuted. Jason watched as the mechanics eyes as he surveyed the parts, glancing to and from as if considering every possible scenario that that piece could be used in. The Latino took a small step forward, hesitating. Yet his eyes couldn't hide the burning desire to build. This was something engraved into Leo's very soul.

"I know it's not a whole lot of parts, and technically you aren't supposed to work on anything right now, but I figured that a few pieces to get your hands dirty wouldn't be so bad."

Leo spun on his heel and marched up to the blonde before hugging him tightly. "Jason, you're the best!"

"Haha! I get it, I get it. Now get off me and build me something. I'm thinking a mini statue in my likeness."

Leo let go as he fake gagged at Jason's self promoting attitude and mumbled. "I think I might be rubbing off on you a bit too much." He glanced at the smug smirk on blonde's face. "And in the worst possible way."

"Well then why don't you rub off on me in the best possible way?"

The brunette began coughing, having choked on his own spit. "Oh gods. Jase that sounds like you're asking for a bj!"

Jason's face reddened as he processed this information. He covered his face with his hands, "I didn't mean... it wasn't supposed to come out like thattt."

Leo chuckled and started picking out pieces from the basket, "Sure, sure. Whatever you say man. But just so we are on the same page, my services don't come cheap."

There was silence broken only by the shifting of parts and the clinks of pieces being added together. Jason parted his fingers and observed the other boy before finally speaking. "You've done...something..like that before?"

A soft thud sounded as Leo dropped what he has been working on and froze. Taking deep breaths, he replied in a tight voice, "No."

After more moments of silence, the mechanic cleared his throat, picking up what he dropped, and joked, "Obviously I'm kidding. Anyway, I'd be way too expensive for anyone to be able to afford me."

"Of course," Jason agreed, just to stay on a lighter mood. "So what are you building me?"

"Nothing, you can build something yourself."

Jason thought for a minute before crawling over to the basket and taking a few pieces out. He placed a washer over the top of a metal tube and began to slide a screw through it. Leo was watching him and smiling so Jason proudly showed off his tube, presenting it with a flourish that caused the washer and screw to fall off.

"That was a nice first creation. Albeit a little unstable." The small boy's nimble fingers were working furiously on the piece in his hands. Twisting at corners. Adding more pieces.

"What are you making?" The blonde asked as he scooted closer.

"I don't know. I just have a general idea of what it should be."

"What should it be?"

"You'll see."

Jason groaned. "You're actong unnecessarily mysterious."

Leo gave his signature smirk. "That's what makes me exciting. Just a few more pieces."

Jason thinks he could see a recognizable shape forming from the pieces.

"Aaaaand. Done!" The brunette exclaimed, setting down the miniature dragon. "Meet Mini Festus."

Jason stared in wonder. "How could you make a little dragon out of all those pieces of junk?"

"Well I'd hardly call this a dragon. For one, it can't really move. For another, it's not alive. And for another, it can't breathe fire. So it's nothing like the original."

"But still.." he trailed off as he picked up the little dragon and began moving its little body parts. The wings could flap. The legs can move. And the head could wave around as well. Although this entire thing should be unfunctionable, it wasn't.

He handed it back, surprised when Leo laughed.

"What?"

"Your hands are all greasy now."

Jason chuckled at that as well. "Guess we better clean up before we're found out."

He sighed, "Yeah... thanks again... for letting me do this."

"No problem," the blonde grinned and Leo smiled back

A/N: hiiiii so this chapter sucks, but... yeah its daylight savings time so I'm losing an hour of sleep and I'm not here for it. Also watched High School Musical for the first time ever and I'm disappointed :^
Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day. Its spring break for me so HALLELUJAH!
Hope to update soon
Wolf out

Ps. I swear that I hate chapter titles