Realization

A/n: Hi guys. I dunno if you find my little notes and updates annoying, but uhh well here's another one. So a week ago I got in a car crash. Ended up totaling my car and it's kinda really stressful. Who would have thought that just having the ability to leave anytime would ease so much anxiety? Or who would have thought that just being home could give me so much anxiety haha. Well, I knew. BUT ANYWAYS!!! fml Anyways. Onto the next chapter of Leo's life.

Piper advanced slowly seeing the look in Jason's eyes and knowing she had won. She dragged a finger across the back of his shoulders and walked deeper into the garden. He followed without a word. They arrived at a large rock that looked like it was carved into the shape of a bed and Piper sat, gesturing to the spot next to her for Jason. He followed her command again and sat.

"Oh Jason! I'm so glad you came back. I've missed you so much!" Piper gushed as she pulled the blonde closer and tried to press as much of herself against him. 

"Yeah," Jason said slowly. 

The situation seemed so normal to him, but at the same time Jason had a feeling he shouldn't be here. He couldn't remember why though. His head felt foggy, but he could feel something inside of himself screaming. It made him shift awkwardly and he felt Piper tighten her grip on him. She normally doesn't hold onto him so tightly.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing." She smiled.

But instead of feeling reassured, Jason felt like a bucket of cold water had been dumped on him. His mind cleared and he sat up abruptly. 

"What are you doing?!" Pipers voice was shrill as she tumbled onto the ground.

"What are you doing to me?" Jason demanded, his voice hard.

There wasn't a response at first, Piper only stared up at him.

"You love him." 

Jason took a step back as if Pipers words had a physical impact. 

"N-no-" 

'No.'

'No.'

'How could she possibly know that?'

'She's lying.'

"Are you charmspeaking me?" Jason growled.

This must have amused Piper because she gave a sharp laugh.

"I charmspeak you all the way over here and you really ask me now?" she got up and dusted herself off. 

"No, Jason. I'm not charmspeaking you right now. You're in love with Leo. That fucking..." She cut herself off and took a deep breath. "He doesn't have anything better than me, but I guess you always did have a savior complex. I'm speaking as a daughter of Aphrodite right now. You would never have figured out your own feelings otherwise. You love him, for some reason... and I won't get in between that."

The two of them stood there. Jason in stunned silence, and Piper in quiet resolve.

"I guess I always knew this would happen. You only did ever have eyes for Leo."

When there was only more silence, she huffed. 

"I would at least like to end this on a good note."

"Uh.. right," he mumbled and Piper rolled her eyes.

She stuck out her hand and Jason hesitantly took it. Giving a sturdy shake and an authentic smile, Piper said goodbye.

"I'll see ya around maybe." She waved and started walking away.

"Yeah, see you." 

"Make sure to tell him. You lose every shot you don't take." 

With that, Piper left and Jason found himself alone again.

It didn't take very long for him decide what to do next though and he took off in search of a special someone.

Back at the cabin, Leo had put on a big smile as he was welcomed back by everyone. He truly was happy to be back. But given his reason for leaving, there was more embarrassment than anything else. Thankfully the cabin didn't know the real reason. To them, it was known as an experiment or that Jason needed a friend. None of them knew that he had tried to unalive himself and Leo was incredibly grateful that that was still a secret. He probably wouldn't have been able to look anyone in the eye otherwise.

After several minutes of applause, hugs, and strong back slaps, everyone had settled down enough that Leo was able to take stock of who all was here. Or rather, who wasn't here.

'Where is Jason?'

It must have been obvious that he was looking for someone because Nyssa draped her arm over his shoulders to whisper, "Who are you looking for?"

Leo shrugged her away, feeling awkward. Although he used to act the same way, invading others personal bubbles was something fun people did after all, having someone other than Jason so close felt weird.

He must be out of social practice and Nyssa noticed this, moving away to a more respectable distance. "If you're looking for the guy you've been stuck with all this time, he already left."

"Oh," Leo said, his voice rang with disappointment, but only for a moment before he put on a smile again and turned to jump back into the party.

Nyssa hummed softly and considered what she just discovered. It seemed that in the time that Leo had been away something had happened. The little mechanic was showing more genuine emotions, more than his typical happy face and joking nature. And it seemed that there was a lot of emotions attached to Jason Grace.

The son of Jupiter would definitely have some explaining to do. If he thought that he could toy with Leo's emotions freely, then he had another thing coming. There was gonna be a talk. Oh gods, there was gonna be a talk. She quickly gathered a few of the older cabin mates and started telling them what was going on.

They all decided. They were gonna need a word with this boy.