Cruel

A/N:Hi everyone! I hope you're doing well! Life is almost unstressful so I should be able to update more. I hope you enjoy the pain because I had pain writing this, but then again when don't I have pain? haha ...my chest hurts

'"Maybe things are looking up"? Really? How could I be so STUPID?'

Leo stumbled as he ran, his tears blurring his vision. 

'This is what happens when you get you hopes up.'

'You should know better by now'

'What is wrong with you? Fcking idiot. You're so fcking stupid!'

His shoe caught on a tree root and he tumbled onto his stomach, skidding across the dirt and leaves of the forest floor. He lay there and let the tears cascade down his dirty face as he tried to catch his breath. In his mind, what happened moments ago kept replaying, and replaying, and replaying! His thoughts swirled around like a never ending tornado, each thought becoming worse than the other.

'This is all your fault.'

'This is what happens when you make stupid mistakes.'

'You should have cut deeper.'

'You don't deserve to be alive.'

'You're just an attention seeker!'

'Pathetic!'

'"He should have just died. Too bad he didn't cut deeper."'

An invisible force began constricting around Leo's lungs and he started gasping.

'No, I can't break down here!'

Using what little energy he could muster, the Latino pushed himself back onto his feet and continued stumbling through the forest.

'I need to get to my bunker.'

'Then I'll solve everyone's problem.'

'They won't have to worry about me anymore. They won't be able to say I should have finished the job anymore. I'll finish the job tonight, dammit!'

When he finally reached his bunker, his heart dropped to his stomach. Standing in front of the door was, not only Jason, but also Hazel, Nico, and Percy.

'No.... please, gods, no.'

He tried to quickly turn around and run away again, but Nico spotted him.

"Leo!" he shouted and ran towards the crying boy, while the others chased after as well.

The force around his chest tightened and spread to his throat. He tried to stop crying, tried to breathe, but he began coughing from lack of breath. He was choking on his tears and the pressure. He couldn't see Nico though he knew the lord of darkness was coming up to him. As Nico approached, he doubled over coughing, blind with tears, and his ears began ringing. He held onto his stomach and the flashback washed over him like a massive freezing tidal wave. Leaving him drowning in the darkness, cold and numb.

///Flashback///

Jason led the way as they walked onto the basketball court.

"Hey, Jase? I'm not really a basketball person.."

"I know, but no harm in trying something new."

Leo crossed his arms, "Yes there is. I could break my ankle."

After some time the tall blonde boy chose a basketball from the metal cage that held them as if he found a golden egg among just plain eggs and then walked back over, bouncing the ball as he walked. "Or you could have a lot of fun. What do you say?"