Sunset Sunrise

A/N: Back, by popular demand, it's ME!! I love you alllll! btw grooming school is going well, I am so fricken drained from it but only like 6 months left! hahahahah- save me. Anyways! I hope you all have a good holiday season aaand take care of yourselves.

Warning! Triggering content!!

Wolf out!

Leo woke up rather early. It was still early and the night was still with sleep. He didn't know what woke him, but a strange tingling feeling in his arm drew his attention downward. He choked, making a sound halfway between a gag and a gasp as he saw his arm, mangled and cut to the bone. It was pouring blood onto the sheets which stained red, spreading slowly across the bed and to the sleeping boy next to him.

'Jason!' 

Leo whipped his attention to the blonde and paled when saw the look of disgust on the boy's face. But Jason wasn't looking at his arm. No, Jason was disgusted by Leo himself!

"Wh-what's wrong?" Leo's voice trembled. Even with this severe, tingling wound, he was more scared of why Jason was looking that way at him. 

"You," Jason's voice was cold. "How can you be so disgusting? Liking guys? Being fucking fucked? It's so gross."

It felt as if the entire world was being sucked out from under him as Leo back away slowly, shaking his head, "I-I... I don't-"

"I can't believe that we were ever friends! I could never be friends with a whore like you." Jason's gaze was like daggers, but the worst part was what he was saying. It was as if.. as if.. he KNEW what happened back then. As if he knew and blamed Leo for it happening. 

"But it wasn't my-"

Jason didn't let him finish as he started to walk away, "You should have just stayed with that nun. At least then you would have been useful."

Leo tried to speak, but his voice cracked and that's when Jason dealt the final blow.

"I wish you just died."

Leo woke up with a painful gasp, clawing at the sheets as he sat upright. Jason's last words were still echoing in his mind, ringing in his ears. It took a few seconds for his gaze to focus in the still dark of early morning and it settled onto his arm, the one that had been mangled before..

It was fine. The same normal, albeit scarred, arm that he had gone to bed with.

'It... it was a dream' he realized.

'Oh gods, it was a dream!'

He must have been asleep on his arm, making it tingle and lead up to that... that... nightmare. Thankfully, it didn't seem like Jason had woken up. Leo really didn't want to deal with an awake Jason right now, not after that. To ensure the blonde stayed asleep, Leo slipped out of bed and left the room. His heart was still racing and his chest ached painfully because of it. His mind raced with the memories of the dream, causing older memories to surface.

He didn't even know he left the cabin until he looked up and found himself right in from of the Poseidon cabin. All other thoughts in his mind were put on pause as he faced a decision.

'Do I go inside?'

It felt like hours standing there trying to decide. He knew that something important was resting dependent in this decision. Maybe it was his already non existent mental health. Maybe his actual life. He didn't know. His hand was absentmindedly stroking his scars while he let his mind race.

'I should just go back... but Percy did say I could come to him anytime.'

'I'm sure he didn't mean any hour though. I don't want to annoy him.'

'Should I go back?'

'I don't want to...'

'I'm scared.'

Taking a deep breath, Leo stepped forward and knocked. He waited, but no one answered. He should have expected that. Everyone was asleep. No one would be answering the door to help their poor, pathetic friend who just had a nightmare.

"I just ha-have to stop being a baby," Leo mumbled to himself breathlessly. He must have been on the verge of a panic attack. He was finding it harder and harder to find air in his lungs and his mind was looping in degrading circles. He didn't know where he was even going as he turned and wandered down the line of cabins. 

He stopped at Cabin Nine and stared. He could smell the greasy metallic scent that was so familiar. It felt like years since he had been inside what was supposed to be his home, a house filled with his half brothers and sisters. People he shared something in common with. If he closed his eyes, he could almost imagine being back in his Moms workshop.

A crash behind him had his eyes snapping open, breaking him out of his reminiscing as he whipped around. He didn't see anything. Except to note that it had begun to get lighter. The sun had begun to break over the horizon and the world was becoming tinged with color once more.

'I should probably get back before anything-'

The thought was cut off as a twig snapped. The noise was closer to him now, yet he still couldn't see what caused it. There was no way that he was going to wait it out either and within a second he was sprinting away. 

There had definitely been something in the dark because he could hear it following him. However, if there was one thing Leo knew how to do, it was run. He was steadily outpacing whatever was behind him. That is, until they reached the forest. Yes, Leo could jump a fence and make it over logs and shit. But a whole fricken forest of running in the dark and trying not to fucking faceplant was impossible.

Thankfully, the thing behind him was finding it just as difficult. At least, he thought so, until suddenly Leo felt his arm being grabbed and he was yanked into the creatures clutches. He was about to start screaming when he heard a voice gasp in relief, "Leo!"

"I didn't know where you where and I c-couldn't find you!" Jason held onto Leo tightly, burying his face into the curly locks. 

"Dammit, don't scare me like that! I was so..." He trailed off and squeezed the smaller boy tighter. "Why did you leave?"

Leo hadn't said a word yet, he couldn't. He just let himself be held and the silence was starting to worry Jason who began to pull away. He stopped when he felt the other finally hold onto him.

"Please don't hate me," Leo whispered.

Jason was confused. Why would he ever hate Leo? The very idea was crazy to him!

"I could never hate you," Jason said. He wanted to ask why Leo would think that, but something told him that he wouldn't get an answer.

"Come on, let's go what the sunrise." the blonde got up and helped the other stand up. He seemed out of it, but followed diligently as Jason led the way back to the cabin and used the wind to fly them both onto the roof.

It had been awhile since he came up here. The last time was with Piper and the blanket that they shared was still up here. Jason grabbed it and pulled it around the Latino. 

"It's pretty," Leo mumbled as he stared at the sky. The deep blue of nighttime had lightened up and began to paint itself with pinks and yellows as the sun rose. 

"Yeah... beautiful." But Jason wasn't looking at the sky.