naps and contemplation

Leo yawned as he laid down a blue skip card, "Uno."
Jason glared as Leo laid down his last card, a blue 3, and won another game of Uno. "This is rigged," Jason complained.
"Not rigged, you just suck," Leo stated as he gathered the cards up. "Play again?"
Jason shook his head, "I don't think my pride can handle another loss."
"I'll let you win, if you want."
This earned him a light shove which he returned full force. He didn't expect Jason to let himself be pushed over. Leo fell, sprawling on top of the bigger boy with a soft 'oof.'
Something warm and fuzzy spread through Jason's chest and he wraps his arms around the small Latino, successfully trapping him in a tight, warm hug.
A few squeaks of protest were muffled into the blonde's chest before the brunette gave up and snuggled closer listening to the sound of Jason's heartbeat.
"You know," The son of Zeus began quietly, "I'm really glad I get to see you so much. Even though it started off for rough reasons, I like hanging out with you day after day. It's nice, and I know I've never said it before, but being the only one in this cabin... I've been really lonely."
Leo lifted his head to look at Jason and gave a soft smile. A smile that held compassion and understanding.
"I like hanging out with you every day too. I'm glad you're not annoyed by me all the time. I know I'm a pain to be around."
Jason squeezed the Latino tighter. "Everyone is a pain to be around, but you're worth all the pain in the world."
Leo buried his face back into the blonde's chest to hide the tears that sprung to his eyes.
"Thanks Jase. You're worth it too"
Before long both boys were asleep with Jason snoring softly as Leo's earlier tears dried into his shirt.

Leo yawned and snuggled deeper into the warmth before him. He loved being warm. He wanted more of this. Wrapping his legs around the source of warmth, Leo sighed happily.
"Mmmm," the warmth rumbled as it's humming filled the sleepy Latinos ears. When the warmth wrapped around to his back Leo peeked his eyes open. Jason could honestly be the god of handsomeness. The sunlight streaming onto his face and hair causing him to glow in the golden light. His tanned skin, sharp jawline, and strong brows only enticed the eyes. Leo knew that if those icey blue eyes were open and watching him, he would be completely trapped, helpless to the divinity of the man before him.
Leo suddenly got the urge the kiss him and immediately froze.
'No. No no no no. This is not right.'
'I can't think something like that'
'I doesn't matter that I'm bi, Jason is straight, AND TAKEN!'
'I'm such an idiot.' Leo unwound himself from the blonde god and ran to the bathroom.
Leo gripped his chest, the short sprint causing his heart to hurt already. Taking deep breaths and splashing cold water on his face, he took control over his thoughts.
'I need to think about things that are important.'
'Who could I open up to about my past?'
Leo's heart panged as memories briefly flashed through his mind, but he quickly pushed them away.
'I can probably just get away with hanging out with someone and not actually saying anything.'
'But who would work?'
'Not Jason. I love him, but he would actually want me to open up and.... i.. he.. he can't know my past. He would hate me. I can't do that.'
'Any girl is out of the picture. I can barely talk to girls as friends. Piper just thinks I'm annoying, Frank would kill me if I talked to Hazel, and Annabeth is way too scary.'
'Frank is out too. Nico would probably not want to listen to my problems and would tell Will that I'm not actually opening up.'
Leo sighed heavily, 'who else is there?'
'Percy?'
'He was the most helpful and understanding.'
'Even helped me hide from everyone for awhile.'
'I wonder if he could keep a secret.'
'I think Percy is the best option.'
With a final nod, Leo walked out of the bathroom and back to the bed. Jason was now sitting up and wiping the sleep from his eyes.
The broken boy couldnt help but feel a pang of regret knowing that if the person before him really knew him, he wouldn't be his friend anymore. Wouldn't even be in his life. Leo would be labeled as a murderer once again and he would have to leave the only place that really felt like home.
"Morning Jase!" Leo spoke cheerily despite not feeling the slightest bit of cheer.
"Morn'," Jason mumbled and stretched. Leo couldn't look away as the lithe body before him twisted and contorted, showing off in the most pleasing way.
"You sleep good?" The bleary blue eyed boy asked.
"Fantastic!" Fake enthusiasm. Leo hoped his friend couldn't tell. "But how did we get in the bed?"
Jason's face didnt show if he noticed anything as he grinned sleepily and proudly stated, "I carried you to bed after I woke up cause I had to pee. I ate food too."
"Food sounds amazing right now."
"Cool, well I'm hungry again so let's go eat!!" Jason jumped up and quickly got ready before grabbing Leo's hand.
He grinned and they were off.

A/N: hi guys. Sorry it took so long to update since the valentine chapter. This week was literal hell. I had to run 3 miles and then had practice the same night, but yeah. I also watched A Silent Voice and cried for a very long time and I baked a cake today and decorated it. It looks awful, but the cake itself tasted good.... actually...this chapter was really hard to start...I kind of wanted to just discontinue to story and give up writing altogether just...quit... aha....