Confrontation

A/N:Helloooo!!! It's a new year and, yes, I am still alive! I'm going to try and update the 10th and 20th of each month so let's hope I can do thaaattt. uhhh I LOVE YOU ALL AND I'VE MISSED YOUU!!!!!

Also I think you know already cause this entire story is like a trigger warning but uhhh this chapter has some crude language so be warned of that.

Leo blinked awake and looked around. He was surprised that he had fallen asleep. He only meant to cuddle Jason until the big baby stopped pouting, but ended up falling asleep as well. He rubbed his eyes and wondered what could have woken him up. Nothing seemed to be moving. He was about to give up and try to sleep again when he heard it- thunderous knocks on the door, rapid and sharp. The person on the other side seemed to be furious.

Just as he was about to get up, the door burst open, revealing a livid daughter of Aphrodite. She stormed into the room, only to freeze once she noticed the two boys curled up on the couch.

"What... the hell...?" she stared, momentarily lost for words as her mind began to process what she was seeing. That attention whore of a boy Leo, laying with the blonde god of a man Jason. Not just any man. PIPER'S man! "You whore! Do you really think you can steal MY boyfriend and get away with it?!"

The piercing shriek of her voice was enough to wake Jason from his sleep, but if that hadn't done it, Leo's desperate backwards scramble would have. It had been awhile since he had been yelled at like this. That accusing tone driving Leo against a wall in an attempt to escape it and the heated glare that came with it. If he were a dog, his tail would be between his legs and his ears flat.

Jason, in seeing this, immediately sprung into action and stepped in between the two. He shielded Leo, even putting out his arm for extra protection. Though part of him hoped that the frightened boy would grab onto him and cling to him for protection. Leo did no such thing.

Piper on the other hand, was stirred to become even more enraged. Following the animal suit, she had become a fire breathing dragon. Not a cool one like Festus. An evil, malicious, death seeking dragon and the victim she had her eyes on was Leo.

"You think hiding will help you?! Not even Hades himself could save you from what I'm going to do to you!!" her shrill scream could probably be heard halfway across the camp as she lunged herself forward. The claws were definitely out, but that didn't stop Jason from using himself as a human shield, throwing himself forward as well and tackling Piper to the ground. The wrestled for a bit until Jason came out on top, pinning Pipers arms to her sides.

"Stop it! I don't know what kind of crazy pills you took today, but you're not touching Leo!" they both panted, glaring at each other before Jason broke it as he stood up. Going to Leo's side and pulling him into his chest before facing the bestraught girl. "And you know as well as I do that we aren't dating anymore."

Piper flinched at that. Whether it was the cold tone or the harsh reality, Leo didn't know. Actually he didn't know this reality at all and quickly looked between the two people.

'Aren't dating anymore?'

'They really aren't dating anymore?'

'How? When?!'

'I thought that they had been dating all this time!! Does that mean... I have a chance-? No! I can't think like that!'

Piper sniffed and got up, giving the two of them a painful look before walking back out of the cabin. Leo wondered why she had even come in the first place, but didn't have much time to ponder because Jason had took to mothering him like a hen to her chick.

"Are you okay? Did she touch you at all? Don't listen to anything she said!! I won't let her lay a single finger on you!-"

"You guys aren't dating?" Leo cut Jason's rambling off. He hadn't meant to ask this so straightfoward (ohohoho~ we aren't straight anymore hun~) and he wasn't suprised that Jason was taken aback by this (Jason, sweetie, you can come out of the closet. We still love you). He stammered for awhile, his face heating up into a pink flushed as he worked to get the story out.

"So, um.. well... you see... It was when you were out... well, no, well it wasn't because of you-" he cut himself off, eyes widening at what he just said before nearly shouting "-Let me start over! I-It was when you were in the infirmary! M-me and Piper had already been going through it.. It wasn't working out. She kept acting weird and distant and then would say that I'm thinking of other things when I'm with her.. She.. was the one that ended things. I guess she had had enough and decided that she wanted to "find herself." Said she needed to be more independent and things like that.. I just don't get why she would try to bring up our relationship to you. Especially when we aren't even dating anymore!"

Leo could hardly believe what Jason said. Especially the last part. Did Jason really not know why Piper got so possessive earlier?

'Doesn't Jason ever feel that weird tension between us?'

'Then again, he isn't the brightest candle in the store. He must not have heard all of what Piper said earlier.'

That made the more sense. That, or Jason really was completely clueless to all things relationship.

Leo nodded slowly. "So.. You're currently single?"

Maybe it was the was Leo paused or the thoughtful look in his eyes that got Jason's blood racing, but whatever it was, Jason liked it.

"I'm single," he spoke softly, the two words nearly coming out as a whisper as he leaned in closer, bending down a bit to the others height as he was anticipating something.

Leo didn't say anything for nearly 5 seconds. In that time, it felt like eons as his heart rapidly pounded in his chest. Each thump could have been a second. Or couldn't. By the time that Leo opened his mouth, Jason was beginning to believe that the other had already spoken and he had missed it.

'Cool."

That was all. The response that Jason had so anticipated was one word. One short, confusing response. His mind raced miles a minute as he tried to decipher any hidden meaning.

When anyone else had learned of his recent availability, they had always apologized that he had to go through something so tough. It wasn't something 'cool.' So why would Leo respond that way. Shouldn't, as a best friend, he offer sympathy? To let Jason lay on his chest and cry? Maybe even over comfort in another way-

Jason's thinking was cut short as Leo began to pull away. He wanted to ask more about what he meant, but didn't know how to do that without being intrusive or tactless.

"Think it's safe to go out and get some food? I'm craving some pb&j's" Leo spoke casually, oblivious to Jason's internal chaos.

Thankfully, talk of food brought the Roman out of his discord and let him focus on the present.

"Sure," he consented and together they made their way to the food court, joking around and laughing. However, in the backs of both their minds, they were thinking about the new situations and information that had happened today and what new possibilities it could create.