Day 15

When Leo woke up that morning, he was actually okay. But so much can happen in a day, maybe he should have known better than to get his hopes up. Being followed around all day had benefits. Leo couldn't even count how many awful jokes he spouted in just the course of the morning. Maybe he used up all his happiness in the morning and that was why this ended so awfully. 

Stretching as he sat up, it took Leo two quick blinks to remember where he was. He looked across the at the sleeping form of his best friend and realized a flaw in Will's plan. But Leo didn't need this information right now, right now he felt good. He stored it away for later and walked over to Jason, poked him with his foot and, getting no response, flopped on top of the sleeping beauty. 

"Get up" Leo dragged out the word as he whined like a puppy begging for attention. Jason groaned deeply and shifted in an attempt to get this bony human off of him.

"-Nhgo away" His words slurred as Jason's body rediscovered how to work as is the process of waking up. 

"Come oonnnnnnn" the little Latino bounced and whined as Jason lay there groaning in broken grunts with each and every bounce. "Get uf-ff," he shifted and Leo fell off the bed with a cuss and a soft thud causing both boys to start laughing.

Once they finished laughing, they got dressed and went to breakfast after which they faced the first bump. 

"Uh, Jase? I gotta go to the bathroom and I could really use a shower"

"Alright, let's go," he began walking off

"Hey! Wait!" Leo ran to catch up with him, "are you really gonna have to be there with me?"

"Yep!"

"But isn't that a little weird?"

Jason stopped and turned to Leo, "I'm not leaving you. Not even so you can piss in private. So you might as well stop arguing." 

Leo blinked, shocked.

"C'mon, let's go take a shower," he grabbed the Latinos hand and led him toward Zeus' Cabin and a very awkward shower.

///Time Skip///

Once both boys were finished and clean, it was noon and time to check in at the infirmary and it would be putting it lightly to say that Leo was dreading it. As they neared Leo couldn't help slowing down his steps, this caused Jason to look at him questioningly.

"You alright?" He asked softly, concern evident in his face.

Leo nodded quickly, "Yeah I'm great." 

'It's getting harder to breathe' 

"I'm so totally great"

'Oh gods! I think I'm gonna be sick!'

"Leo-" Jason could see through his facade.

"I don't think I've ever been greater!" he wasn't paying attention, rambling, as he often did when he was nervous. Mainly going to doctors.

"Leo!" The panicking boy's attention quickly snap focused onto his best friend.

"We aren't gonna be in there long. 5 minutes tops. It's going to be okay." 

Leo nodded at his reassuring smile and then followed him inside where they hit the second bump.

Will asked Jason how I behaved, if anything went wrong, after he finished questioning the son of Zeus, the healer directed his attention toward Leo. He asked virtually the same questions, but surprised him when he asked if he would remove his pants. Of course this shouldn't have surprised him. He should have seen it coming. Obviously the doctor needs to check the patients wounds. That's all he was, a patient. A liability. A pain.

'You're just taking everyone's valuable time and effort'

'I don't want him to check my cuts.'

He had faced away from Jason as much as he could in the shower so that he couldn't see his ragged thighs. Leo knew that he had seen them though. He didn't say anything about them though, which he was thankful for, but he saw the pain that entered those blue eyes when they saw the broken skin. 

'My cuts made my skin ragged and broken.. just like me I suppose'

Reluctantly, he pulled his pants down revealing what he had done to himself. Will began examining them, looking from different angles, pressing here or there, and then he wrote down whatever he got from that.

"You can pull your pants up now" he said and Leo couldn't pull them up fast enough. He could barely stand that. Having such an emotional injury be examined while your best friend just can only stand there. Leo shouldn't be angry that Jason is hurt, but he can't help it. Leo didn't injure himself to make Jason feel bad. He wasn't trying to hurt anyone besides himself. So why do the people around him have to be affected?

'I only hurt people'

'I wish I wasn't alive. I'd rather die than hurt them more.'

Once this thought hit him, things spiraled away. Wave after wave of awful thoughts crashed over him. 

Neither Will or Jason could know what Leo was thinking. His thoughts were a mystery. But Jason noticed something shift in Leo. It felt as if something had left and when he saw his face, he knew what was happening. He could see his best friend being consumed by his thoughts. He could see it, but he had no idea how to help. He quickly wrapped things up with Will and then led Leo out of there.

It was scary how vacant his expression was, as if Leo wasn't alive anymore. This terrified Jason. Leo was like this for the rest of the day.