The Ups and Downs of Friends

Did Leo's heart skip a beat? Did his breath catch in his throat? Jason could have sworn that Leo's breath was taken away by his actions. What was his response going to be? Imploring eyes watched for the youngers reaction.

"You shouldn't have eaten that garlic bread."

Jason instantly began to blush and raised his hand to his mouth in order to do a breath check. Successfully freeing Leo who chose this moment to act. Leo pushed Jason over and sat on his stomach. This time he was the one in control. He brought himself close to the pinned boys face and near his ear.

"You fell for it, now I get to top." Leo licked Jason's ear and felt him shudder. "I think I like this better."

"Th-this isn't fair," Jason spoke in a breathy whisper. His words were hardly words at all, more like breathless pants as he lost himself to Leo's teasing presence.

With a laugh Leo pulled away and smirked. "I'd say that's a solid win for me."

He walked towards the door before turning when he realized Jason wasnt following.

"Dude? You okay?"

Jason was laying there still with a look of awe and disbelief on his face and a blush still on his cheeks.

"Jase?" Leo asks again as he walks over and peers at the blonde.

The blonde in question takes a deep breath and his eyes begin to focus as he starts to stand up. "Yeah. Yeah man I'm good.... just... damn aha." Jason nervously laughs and rubs his neck, "You definitely won that one."

Leo helps him up and pats his back, "it's alright man. Its hard to take in all of the super sized mcshizzles awesomeness."

Jason rolled his eyes and shoved him away in response.

".... does my breath actually smell though?"

Leo burst out laughing

"I mean, sure, a little bit, but it's not bad. It just smells enough to know what you ate last."

Jason still looked upset, but they proceeded outside of Percy's bunker and ran right into the man himself where they then went on to converse about trivial matters until Percy's Annabeth sense started tingling and he ran off to search for his dear girlfriend.

"So what should we do now?" Jason wonders out loud.

"I actually should work on some machines that have gone haywire."

"Oh, need any help?"

This earned him a sort of grimace.

"Uh, well, y'know, I'm not sure what all you know and what all you could help with.."

Jason thought for a moment before stating, "well either you find something or you're not working at all."

Leo blanched, "Dude! C'mon you can't be like that!"

"Actually, I can because you're not supposed to be doing any projects anyways."

Leo glared at the ground before shouting, "You guys are being ridiculous!"

"We're just trying to do what's best for you."

"HOW THE FUXK WOULD YOU KNOW WHATS BEST FOR ME?!"

Both boys froze at Leo's outburst.

"I'm sorry, I-" Leo began, but stopped when Jason turned slightly away. Jason stayed silent until Leo began again. "Jase-"

"I'm trying." Jason turned fully to face the Latinio, a look of determination on his face and tears of hurt in his eyes. "I'm trying my best to help. Yeah, I don't know what's best for you, but I think Will had a point in what he decided. He might have been excessive and I don't think you need to be checked every day, but at least you're being checked. I want this to help you. I want to help you! I don't want you to hurt anymore, especially if I can still do something to help!" A tear rolled down his cheek as he finished his rant and took several deep breaths to calm down.

Leo, who had stayed silent during the entirety of the rant, couldn't bear to look him in the eye. Instead he started mumbling a small apology, but Jason cut him off suddenly as he snapped, "I don't want your apology."

Leo's eyes widened and his small frame began to tremble as he fought to avoid crying and Jason, realizing what he'd done, quickly hugged the boy close to him apologizing profusely.

"Dammit."

'Oh...'

"Fuck."

'Oh'

"I didn't mean that Leo."

'What did you mean it as?'

"I'm so sorry."

'You think I'm a nuisance too?'

"I'm sorry."

'Are you?'

"I didn't mean that, I swear."

'Didn't you though?'

"I... I just meant that you didn't need to apologize for that."

'I apologize for my entire existence. I ruin all of your guys lives daily just by being alive. Of course I need to apologize for making you feel like you need to help me.'

"Gods I'm so sorry Leo."

'Are you?'

Leo just stood there, being held, until he took a deep breath and chose to believe what Jason was saying and let what was said go as a misunderstanding.

'Jason has shown time and time again how much he cares. I can't act he doesn't care just because he snapped once.'

"I forgive you." Leo hugs Jason back and when they finally part, he feels a little bit lighter, like something might actually be going right for once.

"Do you wanna get something to eat? I'm kind of hungry."

Just as Jason opens his mouth to reply, Leo smirks and continues speaking, "But then again, maybe you've had too much garlic bread."

Jason stared at him, speechless for a second before stuttering, "B-but, you said you could barely tell!"

Leo chose that moment to start his getaway, which got him only a few seconds before Jason regained his senses enough to give chase, all the while yelling and hollaring.

"LEO!!"