Day 32

Jason and Leo spent the next several days relaxing, fiddling with parts, and avoiding Piper who seemed to think it best to lie in wait for them to pass before bombarding the Latino with apologies. Yet, every time she tried to apologize, she insulted and bullied Leo more. This always led to the boy either joking way too much afterwards or he would sit silently and not say a word.
Jason had learned how to help a little by reminding the small boy how amazing he is and giving lots of hugs. Today, however, Leo had rejected any form of physical contact and wouldn't talk much.
"Hey, Leo?" A grunt from the younger boy was the only signal that he was listening.
"What's up?"
Leo shook his head and didn't say anything.
"Leo."
The Latino began scowling.
"What's wrong?"
He shook his head angrily and turned away.
Jason got up and sat in front of the small boy. He tried to grab his hands, but Leo jerked them away. The blonde would have huffed, but he was far too concerned about why the boy in front of him was acting this way.
"Leo, what's going on?"
"Nothing," he growled out, still not looking at the older man.
"Dude! You're obviously lying. Why are you so pissed?" Blonde superman asked getting a little upset as well.
Leo stood up abruptly and mumbled an unconvincing, "I'm not." Before crossing the room and sitting on the couch.
"Is it what Piper has been saying? Cause you know her words are crap. We can tell Chiron or someone and get her to stop bugging us."
He scoffed in response, "Its not Piper... After everything that's happened... Of course it's not Piper. I'm used to her trashing me." Leo paused and chewed the inside of his cheek. "Its not that... I just... I'm... I have to talk to Will and I don't... arhhh" the small boy groaned as he trailed off.
Jason didn't say anything yet, wondering what Leo would need to talk to the son of Apollo for. When he finally realized, he shot up. "You decided who you are going to talk to?!"
Leo flinched, before nodding.
"Who.. who is it?"
The pained look on the Latinos face was all the blonde needed to realize that it's not going to be him. It shouldn't upset him. He should be happy that Leo is willing to open up to anyone at all, but still... he kind of wished that he would have picked him.
He must have made a face because Leo reacted by withdrawing into himself.
'Shit.'
Jason came over and sat next to the small boy.
"Leo?" He started. When the boy didn't give him a response, he tried again. "Leo, it's fine. I'm happy that you are gonna talk to someone at all. It doesn't have to be me... I just want to be of help to you." He stopped before starting again with a new thought. "If you just need me to be here, then I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."
Leo was silent for a few moments before he let out long sigh of relief "Thanks Jase. I guess I really needed to hear that. I feel a lot better now."
Jason pinched the Latinos leg, ignoring his indignant shout, "Is this really what you were so moody about? You have no faith in me!"
The perpetrated boy laughed. Albeit a little hollow, but it was still a laugh.
"Sorry, Superman, but I've got more faith in peanut wearing a cape than you."
The blonde put his hand over his heart as he moaned in faux pain. "You wound me."
Leo suddenly shot up and began yelling. "IF YOU'RE SUPERMAN, CAN I BE IRON MAN?"
Jason made a face, "Dude, those arent even in the same universe."
"Oh," He sunk back down disappointed before hopping right back up again. "Than can I be Batman?"
"No, you're not broody enough for that."
"Hmmm."
Both boys tapered off into silence, until Leo broke it once more asking, "Can we change universes?"
The taller boy made an offended noise. "But then who would I be?"
"You could be Thor!"
Jason blinked before making a thoughtful face.
Before he could respond, Leo stood up shouting, "IT'S SO ACCURATE! YOU BOTH CAN FLY AND SUMMON LIGHTNING!!"
Jason smiled at the excitement in the Latinos eyes.
"Okay, I give in. I'll be Thor and you can be Iron Man."
"YEE-" Leo began yelling, but the other boy cut him off.
"On one condition!"
He froze and stared wide eyed for him to continue.
"We actually have to have these costumes for Halloween."
Jason watched as the grin spread across his best friends face as help leapt forward and enveloped the blonde in a hug before pulling away and cheering.
"Heh, you're so cute."
Both boys stared at eachother.
"D-did I say that out loud?" Jason asked. His face felt like it was on fire, though he couldn't say much as Leo was literally catching fire.
"Leo... your hair. Fire." He managed to stumble out. This snapped the boy out of his frozen, blushing stance and he quickly patted out the fire.
"S-sorry about that." He mumbled out meekly.
Jason doesn't know what came over him, but in a brilliant moment he blurted out, "That was hot."
The moment seemed to repeat itself with both boys becoming red in the face as they stared at each other. This time, however, Leo covered his completely red ears, mumbled out something about taking a shower, and scurried out of the room leaving Jason to wonder what in hades name just happened.

A/N: guys. The coronavirus is taking over and I'm half tempted to write an apocalyptic story based on it. Also crap happens at home and I'm seriously tempted to disown my parents. Dont know if I can even call them that. BUT ANYWAYS! STAY SAFE LOVES!! DONT FORGET, CLEANLINESS IS KEY. so clean yourself after you do the deed. Dont ask why I wrote that. I dont know. Boi. Also in case anyone wondered (no one did you bum) I've been having serious nostalgia and i wrote out 5 pages of my old internet friends and how I remembered them because of someone i encountered recently. Anyways lol uhhhh
WOLF OUT BEACHES