dead.

'1...2...3... breath... breath... pause'

'One'

'Two'

'Three'

"C'mon Leo!" 'breath'

"Breathe!"

Tears fell down Jason's face freely as he worked to get his best friends heart beating again.

'One'

"Hang in there Leo."

'Two'

"Don't leave me!"

'Three. Fuck! How long has it been? It's been too long!'

"Come back to me!"

Jason plugs Leo's nose and presses his lips onto the others.

'They're cold.'

He pushes air through his mouth, forcing oxygen into the still body before him.

"I see someone!" Percy shouted and Jason almost stopped what he was doing, but quickly refocused on his task.

"It's Will!" Percy yelled in relief and Jason heard him run off to quickly escort Will to Leo.

'Just hold on a little longer.'

"Where is he?" Will immediately asked as he rushed inside with Hazel and Percy not far behind.

"Percy told me. Let me take over." He spoke in short choppy sentences knowing the dire situation and how limited time was. "Hazel get nectar and ambrosia out of my bag and be ready with them."

Will quickly took over with the chest compression's as Jason moved to the side. He looked around and saw Hazel trembling with tears falling down her cheeks as she stood ready with the nectar and ambrosia. Past her Jason's eyes found Percy at the door waiting for Chiron and Nico, a look of desperation and anguish on his face. The son of Zeus gulped as he turned back to the scene before him and he noticed how pale Leo's skin was.

'Lifeless'

Time kept passing.

'How long has it been since his heart stopped?'

Jason didn't know. He didn't even notice that Chiron and Nico had arrived. It's not like they could help anyways. All anyone could do was sit and watch. And wonder. And hope.

Suddenly Will began yelling and everyone quickly went on full alert, every muscle tensed and ready to move.

"Quick! Nectar!"

Hazel sprung into action as fast as she possibly could, handing Will the bottle of nectar. Be dribbled some of it into Leo's mouth before pulling him up into more of a sitting position and pouring in a tiny bit more. It seemed almost surreal, almost unbelievable.

'His skin is regaining color! He's really alive again!'

Jason snapped into motion at this realization and quickly moved to help out. Gently taking a hold of the fragile boy and using himself as a prop, he brought Leo into a sitting position as Will continued to poured small amounts of nectar into his mouth.

"Leo. Leo. Oh thank gods. Leo you're gonna be okay. I'm here. You're okay." Jason was so relieved that he couldn't help himself as he spoke soft encouragements into Leo's ear. However, sudden yelling made him pause.

"Jason!" Hazel exclaimed, "He's responding to your voice, keep talking!"

Hope filled Jason's chest as he grabbed the small Latinos hand and kept talking, "You're gonna be fine Leo. I'm here. I'm here. You can pull through. C'mon. Come back to me."

Small eye flutters and little twitches in his fingers where all the responses he got, but it was enough. Jason would have begun hugging him out of happiness, but Will's morbid reminder that they weren't in the clear yet kept him from doing so.

"Come on Leo," he continued his quiet encouragement. "I'm right here. You gotta come back to me. Open your eyes. I'm right here."

After a few more moments of speaking softly and the gradually larger doses of nectar, Chiron stepped forward.

"I believe he is stable enough to move to the infirmary. There we can hook him onto an air mask and a drip and further stabilize his condition."

A few of them nodded their heads in agreement and they began getting ready to bring Leo to the infirmary when they decided that Will and Leo riding on Chiron's horseback was the best way and they quickly got them up. Before they knew it, they were off and Nico, Hazel, Percy, and Jason were left behind.

No one spoke for a moment until Hazel burst into sobs and Nico went over to comfort her. The two left at the door assessed each other. There was a numb pain in Percy's eyes and tears still falling from Jason's. They nodded at each other and parted ways, Jason to the infirmary, and Percy in another direction.