Chapter Forty

Mum has tears streaming down her face. She flings her arms around my neck.

"Mum, what happened?" I ask.

"I-I'm sorry." She sobs. "I couldn't do anything."

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"S-some men came by." She says, pulling away and holding my shoulders. "T-They took your children."

WHAT?

"What?" I say, my eyes wide.

"I-I'm so sorry sweetie." She sniffles.

"H-how could you let them take them?" I ask.

"Come inside sweetie." Mum gushes, grabbing my arm, pulling me inside.

She sits me down on the couch. I watch her as she whispers something in Perrie's ear. Perrie just nods.

"I'm sorry sweetie." Dad says, placing his hand on my knee.

"How could you let them take away your grandchildren?" I snap.

"Okay, okay, honey, how about we cool down, all right?" Perrie offers, pulling me to stand up.

We walk up the stairs and Sophia opens my bedroom door. We step inside, and I go to sit down on my bed, but a gasp escapes my lips.

"We had you, didn't we?" I hear Dad say and I turn to face her.

"I hate you." I say to him. "I hope you know that."

"It was your mothers idea." He chuckles.

"Izzy, I think your Mum has been spending too much time with Elora." Sophia speaks up and I laugh.

I walk over to the bed, sitting down and carefully brushing Sammys blonde hair away from his face. Charlie rolls over, onto her stomach and snuggles further into the cushion.

"They've been asleep for two hours." Mum says and I nod.

"Is it possible to get them to the car without waking them, they look so cute." Perrie gushes.

"If you're careful." I say, I gently and carefully pick Sammy up and Perrie rushes to pick Charlie up. I put Sammy on my hip and he rests his head on my shoulder, still sleeping.

"Thanks." I say to Mum and Dad, giving them a half hug, and trying not to wake Sammy. We all walk downstairs, and Perrie, Sophia and I walk out to my car.

"Who's going in the back?" I ask.

"I will." Sophia says.

"You get in first then." I say and she climbs over one of the baby seats and settles in the middle. She looks squished, but it's not a long drive.

I lay Sammy in his seat and buckle him in. His eyes open when I clip up the last one.

"Shh, sweetie, go back to sleep." I kiss his forehead. His eyes flutter closed and I gently close the door. I get in behind the wheel and Perrie soon joins me in the front. As I reverse out of the drive, I see Sophia just looking at Charlie.

Soon we are outside my place and Perrie jumps out, going to Sammys side and getting him out. I get out as Sophia climbs over his seat.

I open Charlie's door and get her out, careful not to wake her. I place her on my hip and she rests her head in my shoulder, just like her brother did. I close the door with my foot and press the button on the keys to make it lock.

We walk up to the front door and I open the door. We walk inside and hear Eleanor and Elora arguing about something. We all stop and listen, I know it's bad. But they've been acting strange.

"It will work." Eleanor says.

"No it won't, we need to tell one of them." Elora says back.

"How exactly, whoever we tell will probably say something." El sighs.

"If we don't tell one of them, how will it actually work?" Elora asks.

"Well who can we tell?"

"We should.." Perrie whispers, trailing off.

"Yeah." I nod and Sophia closes the door to make it seem like we just entered. Their conversation stops and we walk into the lounge.

"Elora, you need to stop hanging around my mother." I say as we enter the lounge.

"Why?" She frowns.

Charlie stirs in my arms and I sigh, I don't want her to wake up just yet, they haven't been sleeping properly of late.

"You put them to bed. I'll tell them." Sophia smiles.

I nod and Perrie and I walk to their room. We carefully lay them down and pull the blankets over them.

"What do you think they were talking about?" Perrie asks when I start picking up some clothes that are on the floor.

"I don't know." I shrug. "But I know they won't tell us."

"True." She agrees.

"Do you think they mean tell one of us?" She asks.

"Not a clue." I say, I put the clothes in the basket to go for the washing, then Perrie and I walk out. We walk into the lounge to see Elora and Eleanor laughing.