Chapter Twelve.

"She's awake!" Someone cheers and I groan. They are too loud.

"And I'm about to rip your tongue out of your mouth." I mumble, trying to sit up on the bed.

"I'd like to see you try." Elle pokes her tongue out at me.

"I can still go ninja on your arse." I glare and she just laughs.

"Be careful, Izzy, doc said you should just lay down for a while after the surgery." Dad tells me and I just nod, laying back down.

"As for you.." Mum hits Elle round the back of the head. "They told you she shouldn't get stirred up when she wakes up."

I laugh at them, then I hear the door open and the doctor walks in. He picks up the chart and quickly scans over it.

"You're doing well." He tells me, and everyone in the room. "Everything is going the way it should."

"Where's Niall?" I ask and everyone goes silent. They all just shoot worried glances at each other.

"Guys?" I look aaround at everyone but no one says anything, until Eleanor starts giggling, then followed by Perrie.

"You guys so ruined that!" Louis groans.

"Where is he?" I ask, attempting to sit up again but the doctor stops me, gently pushing me down by my shoulders.

"Mr. Horan is fine, he's doing very well, we can't seem to find anything that went wrong." He explains.

"Touch wood." Elle mumbles.

"Why would you touch wood?" Louis asks.

"So you don't jinx it." Eleanor shrugs.

"Where is he?" I ask, ignoring them carrying on. "Can I see him?"

"You sure can." The doctor nods, but disappears.

"You completely ruined it." Louis groans again.

"I can't help it." Eleanor mumbles.

They continue to argue about ruining something, I just sit back and watch, it's quite entertaining actually.

Suddenly the curtain gets pulled back and we all turn to look.

"Miss me?" Niall smiles from his place on the other bed in this room. "You see, I would just walk over and hug you right now, but as you may know, they don't want me to sit up."

"Oh my god, you're awake!" Maura exclaims, running over to me and giving me a gentle hug.

"Yeah, okay. Hey Mum. I'm alive." Niall says jokingly giving his Mum a small wave.

"Niall, there was more of a chance of Izzy dying, so wait your turn." She tells him and I laugh.

We all just tall for a while longer when suddenly Harry stands up, searching for something.

When he finds his car keys, he grabs Elle's hand.

"We'll be back, we've got to go pick something up." Harry says and they both run out the door.

"That was..." Louis trails off.

"Interesting.." Zayn finishes for him.

"Hey, El, come here." I ask when they all go back to their conversations.

She walks over and sits down on the chair next to the bed.

"Have you talked to him about it?" I quietly ask and she nods.

"We'll tell everyone when Harry and Elle get back." She tells me and I nod.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Well, I don't know how I'm supposed to feel after I got a new kidney, but I feel fine." I shrug and she nods.

When Harryand Elle return, a smile immediately takes over my face as I see what's in their hands.

Elle is holding Sammy, and Harry is holding Charlie. Elle hands me Sammy then Harry hands Niall Charlie.

***

"Guys." Eleanor says, loud enough to get everyone's attention.

We all turn to her and Louis wraps his arms around her waist, and end up holding her stomach.

"We're going to be parents." Louis says with a massive smile on his face.

Everyone starts congratulating them, but Elle stands back shaking her head.

"I can't believe I actually believed you when you said it was cake." She groans, walking up to her and hugging her.