Chapter TwentyTwo

What is going on?!

I rush over to them and Maura looks up to me and wraps her arms around me, I return the hug as she cries.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, rubbing my hand up and down her back.

"I'm just really proud of Niall." She looks up and gives me a small smile.

"You and me both." I chuckle and she weakly smiles.

"I'm just happy he's found someone who loves him and is perfect for him." She admits. At her words, I start tearing up.

"Don't both of you cry." Niall groans. Maura and I both let out a small laugh.

"We're happy, Niall." Maura chuckles.

"I'd wanna hope so, I mean, you both know me." He jokes.

"We both love you." Maura tells him and I nod in agreement.

"And I love you both." He joins the hug by squishing his way between us on the couch.

"Oh, what did your Mum say about dinner?" Maura changes the subject.

"She said they're free, and I told her we'd be over soon." I inform her.

"We should probably get going then." She says and I nod. We all stand up and Maura instructs Niall to start the car while we get Charlie and Sammy.

We carry them out to the car and buckle them in the baby seats. Maura sits between them, I sit in the passenger seat, Niall obviously driving.

The drive to y house isn't long, but Maura keeps asking us questions about what my parents are like. I think she's more nervous than Niall was.

We finally arrive and I go knock on the door while Niall and Maura get Charlie and Sammy. Mum answers the door and pulls me in for a hug.

"Hey." I greet as we pull away.

"Hey, go on in, your father's in the lounge." I nod and walk into the lounge and Dad is sitting in his chair with Jack on his lap.

"Hey Dad." I catch his attention and he turns to face me and waves.

"Hey Jack." I walk over and pet his head, he just purrs, as cats do.

Mum calls us into the dining room to eat, we all sit at the table, Mum and Dad at either ends, Niall and Maura sitting one side, me on the other, Sammy beside me in his high chair and Charlie beside Niall.

"We have some news." I blurt.

"What's that?" Mum asks.

"Niall and I are looking for a house together."

"That's lovely." Mum smiles.

"You better not be taking my daughter away from us." Dad warns Niall.

"I'm not pressuring her, the decision is all hers." Niall says casually.

"That's what I like to hear." Dad nods.

The rest of dinner goes by smoothly. Mum and Maura get along, Dad and Niall get along, and I just listen to the conversations going on around the table.

When we all finish dinner and we move into the lounge. I sit on the floor with Charlie sitting between my legs. Niall joins us again, sitting next to me, sitting Sammy between his legs also. Jack strolls in and sits near my foot.

"You know, I find it cute how you still have a poster of me on your wall." Niall teases. I hear everyone laugh as I look down to the ground to hide my red cheeks.