Chapter Sixteen

"Tell me what's been going on." He says, sitting down on the sand.

"A fair bit." I shrug, sitting next to him, leaning back on my elbows as I look at the water.

"Tell me the main things." He says, leaning back, copying my position.

"Got a job. Went to Australia, with Charlie and Sammy, for about a week, and they've started walking and talking." I tell him with a small smile.

"They missed you." I blurt.

"How do you know?" He frowns.

"Just did." I shrug. "They just seemed miserable after you left."

"I just have that effect on people." He jokes.

"How many dates did you go on?" He jokingly asks, but I can there's a hint of jealousy hidden.

"Like two, but I didn't like them." I shrug. "They weren't the nicest of people."

"Did they hurt you? I'll kill them if they hurt you." He gushes, sitting up straight.

"They didn't lay a finger on me. They were just rude." I tell him honestly.

"Good." He nods.

"How do you feel about how many paps following you around now?" He changes the subject.

"It is horrible!" I groan. "They just won't leave me alone. It's annoying how they know where I live."

"They'll do anything for a bit of gossip." He shrugs. "They're probably taking photos of us now."

"Yeah, probably." I agree.

"So, are you hungry?" He perks up.

"Not re-" He cuts me off.

"Good, let's go, I'm starving." He stands up, grabbing my hand and pulling me up and we walk hand in hand to his car.

We arrive at a cute little cafe that is basically deserted, Niall parks the car and we hop out and walk.in, the only people in here, are an old couple. Niall and I walk to one of the many empty tables and sit down. An elderly lady walks out of the kitchen and takes our order.

"How's tour going?" I ask him.

"Great actually." He pips up. "It still feels so surreal. It's crazy."

"I still don't get how you could stand up on a stage in front of that many people ans sing. I'd never have the courage." I admit.

"I always used to think that, now look where I am."

"In front me." I shrug. "A girl who two years ago dreamt of meeting you."

"What can I say, I like making dreams come true." He smirks.