Chapter ThirtyOne

I run into work, Niall slowly walking in behind me. I race over to Sue.

"How late am I?" I ask.

"Three minutes." She shrugs.

"Oh thank God." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"You only have a meeting, is expected to run for about an hour, but you know how they are." She sighs. "Carol is waiting for you."

"Can Niall come?" I ask. Please say yes. Please say yes.

"I'm afraid not love." She gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Make sure he doesn't get lost, please." I smile and she nods.

"He's in safe hands." She assures me.

"Thank you." I walk over to Niall and he smiles at me.

"I have a meeting and you can't come in." I tell him and he pouts.

"Don't pout." I peck his lips. "You'll make me feel bad."

"Go and do your meeting stuff, I'll entertain myself." He huffs over dramatically.

"Talk to Sue, she's lovely. But I really have to go. Love you." I give him a quick hug then run off to the meeting room. I hear Niall call out that he loves me too and that puts a smile on my face for the meeting.

***

I walk out of the meeting and walk to where Sue would be, hopefully with Niall.

But when I see her sitting at her desk, clicking away on the mouse, probably playing solatire, I don't have good feelings about what's to come.

"Hey." I greet Sue.

"Hey love." She smiles, but her smile seems off.

"What?" I sigh.

She just nods over to the couch and what I see makes my heart drop, Niall and Eve.

Eve. We all have that one person we dislike, like most of the people I work with. We all dislike Eve. She has tried to get between pretty much everyones relationships, a few guys that were already together slept with her. So, that's why I'm annoyed to see her and Niall talking, especially now that Niall is laughing, and it's not one of the fake ones that he does when someone tells a joke like Harry does and he feels sorry for them that they're not funny.

No. This is a full on, I think you're hilarious, laugh, and I don't like it. Not a single bit.

"Go claim your man. Shove that gorgeous ring in her face." Sue winks.

"Thanks." I chuckle. She just nods then shoos me off.

When Niall sees me, he smiles and grabs my hands and pulls me to sit on his lap, it's only a two seater couch, not that I'm complaining or anything...No way.

"I take it you've met my fiancé?" I say, holding back my smirk.