Chapter 22 - History and Complications

Louis' POV

"El, you really have to clean your dorm. You have stuff everywhere!" I told Eleanor, I've been here for almost two hours and I still have the urge to clean everything.

"Lou, just leave it. It's not my turn to clean anyway. Sophia said she'd do it tomorrow." She told me and sat on my lap.

"Still, you could use a little tiding." I said to her and leaned in to give her a kiss but she backed away from me.

"What's your problem? Why are you always so controlling?" She asked me in a serious tone.

"I don't have a problem El. I just think that your dorm could be cleaner." I told her. I can't believe we're fighting over this. It's so stupid.

"You can't boss me around in here, it's not like at your frat house where you're in charge and the boys just listen." She snapped.

Wow. What the hell has gotten into her? "Seriously El, why are you acting like this?" I asked her. She got off me and stood up.

"I just hate the fact that you always need to control everyone and everything around you. Just cause the boys listen to your every request doesn't mean I will." She continued.

"You know that's not true Eleanor. You know for a fact, that lately, we haven't even hung out together or talked as a group like before." I told her.

"See? Remember when you came in here and told me that its like they don't listen to you anymore? I tried to be sympathetic that night with you Louis, but the truth is, you can't control them forever. They all have minds of their own. They don't need a babysitter. They don't need you to save them." She snarled.

Save them? I let them do whatever the hell they want. All I want is to keep us together. To keep our friendship, like Gemma said.

"All I'm trying to do is save our friendship El. That's all I want." I told her. She looked at me and laughed.

"You know when I said that nothing will change? I was wrong. Things change Lou, this is one of them." She said in a harsh tone.

"What are you saying? That there's no point in trying to keep our friendship?" I yelled at her.

"I've known these guys for years. I was there for everything that they've gone through." I continued.

"Louis, stop it! Stop trying to control everything! You just need to let it be. If they really want to keep this friendship, then they'll try." Eleanor told me.

"I have to get out of here. I can't stay tonight." I told El. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and grabbed my stuff and I was out of the door before she could mutter another word.

Who does she think she is? She doesn't know the boys like I do! They want this friendship. Things are just hard right now.

I hopped into my car and just drove aimlessly. I don't want to go back to the house. I have to clear my head.

I know Niall is still heartbroken about Sam, which is why he's doing everything he can to forget. Getting high and drunk at parties, it's his way of forgetting. Underneath it all, he's still the same happy-go-lucky guy.

Zayn just has a lot going on. His sister is still in the hospital and his parents are going through a divorce. He doesn't say much, but I know he's hurting a lot.

Liam and Harry. It's complicated. It was complicated the first time with Ella. Yes, they've talked about it and they both seem happy but I can't help but sense that there will be trouble soon. I have to do something to prevent that from happening.