Chapter 30 - Falling Apart

Jesy's POV

"I can see you looking at me Niall, stop it." I snapped at him. We were both still in the bathroom with Leigh, she's thrown up two more times since Niall and I have stopped talking.

Numerous people have knocked on the door but Niall has made them go away so that Leigh can get rid of all the toxins in her body.

"I'm not looking at you Jessica. I'm just checking on Leigh." He said. He knows how much I hate being called by my full name yet he still does it to bug me.

"Will you two stop fighting?" Leigh groaned and lifted her head. "I may have been unconscious for a bit but I can still feel the tension between you two."

"Leigh? How are you feeling?" Niall and I said at the same time and we both gave each other glares.

"I'm fine, I'd like to lay down on a bed, if that's possible." She said softly. Niall offered her the bottle of water he brought for her and she took it. I helped her up and led her out the door.

Niall walked in front of us and opened his room for us. He picked Leigh up and brought her to his bed with ease.

He reached inside his side table and pulled out a bottle of aspirin. "Take this Leigh." He said and handed her one of the tablets.

Leigh sat up and listened to him. "I'm fine. I just need to rest." She said to us. I nodded and sat beside her. Niall moved away from us and sat on his chair by the table.

It was quiet for a few minutes until Leigh spoke, "Niall? Can I talk to Jesy alone please?" Niall looked shocked but quietly left the room.

"Yes Leigh? Are you alright?" I asked her. She turned to face me. "I heard everything in the bathroom Jes, I wasn't dead. You don't have to sacrifice your friendship with Niall for me. It's okay, really. I know he was your friend first. I'll back off." She said calmly.

"Leigh... You don't need to back off. Niall's your friend too, not just mine. Us being friends first doesn't matter. Niall sees you as his friend too." I told her.

"I'll just hurt even more Jesy. I know that Niall likes you. He favours you over me. I'd rather not go through the pain." She sighed.

"Leigh-Anne what are you on about? Niall and I are friends. I don't like him the way you do." I explained to her.

She shook her head, "Stop lying to yourself Jesy! Tell me the truth right now; do you feel something for Niall? Don't hold back to spare my feelings." She challenged me.

Do I feel something for Niall? I don't even know the answer to that question. I thought I did, but I don't know what it was exactly. 

I pushed it aside; I paid no attention to it. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it was something. Maybe there was a spark.

"Your silence isn't helping your case Jesy." Leigh snapped. I glared at her. "What is it you want me to say exactly Leigh? I'm trying to give you want you want, I'm trying to make you happy because this is the first time you've shown interest in a guy." I snapped back.

"So you're saying that if it wasn't for me, you and Niall would be together then?" She insisted.

"When did I ever say that? Did you hear those words come out of my mouth Leigh?" I yelled at her. She's lost it, she's gone mad.

"Do you realize what you're saying Jesy? You're putting me before yourself because this is the first time I've shown interest in someone? Why would you need to put me before you if you felt nothing for him?" She tested me.

She's right... Why am I putting in the effort at avoiding Niall if I feel nothing for him? Why can't I be a friend to him at the same time as Leigh?