Chapter 45 - Hold On Tight

Louis' POV

"I'm really glad you came tonight." I began and led El outside. "Me too. I need to tell Liam thanks again for inviting us." She laughed.

"How have you been? How were your finals?" I asked her, I need to start this conversation slowly. We began walking around the beach, the music was just the perfect volume and everyone was laughing around us.

"I've been good. Got some time to myself. They went okay, hopefully. I studied really hard." She giggled some more. I didn't think I would ever hear her laugh again.

"What about you? How are you?" She turned to face me. "I'm good. I've had a chance to think about all the things I've done and what I needed to change." I explained to her.

"So what's new then? What have you changed?" She asked me with a small smile.

"Well, I've quit smoking. Cigarettes and weed that is. I still drink, but not as bad as before. I studied really hard and tried my best with my finals, so hopefully I did good on those." I listed a few things to her.

"Really Lou?" She asked me and I nodded. "I still get really bad urges because I've decided to quit cold turkey but the boys are helping me through it." I informed her.

She nodded, "What about you? What's new?" I asked her. "Well, nothing really. I was supposed to be spending the holidays with my parents but my mom wanted me to bond with my cousins before they moved to England." She shrugged.

"Well they seem nice." I tell her and she rolled her eyes. "James barely talks, I don't even know if he can speak. Mia asks too many questions and Lucy is just a brat." She breathed.

"Wow, that's mad. I wouldn't have guessed they were like that." I said to her. She just nodded and rolled her eyes, which made me laugh.

"I miss you El." I suddenly said. She stopped walking and I knew I spoke too soon. I looked at her and she was just staring at me. "I've missed you too Louis." She finally said.

"I never thought that I'd hear those words from your mouth again." I said to her and I closed the distance between us.

"The time that we've been apart has made me realize that I can't live my life without you. I don't even function properly. School kept me distracted but I couldn't stop thinking about us." She spoke softly.

I got even closer to her and I held her cheek softly, "El, I can't give you the space you need anymore. I need to be close to you again. I need you." I said to her slowly.

She reached up and finally placed her lips on my lips and my whole body relaxed. I've never felt anything so familiar. Our kiss was soft; there was no fighting for dominance. It was sweet and passionate.

The pain from the last couple weeks just disappeared. I finally had her close to me again. I wrapped my arms around her and lifted her up.

She giggled and we broke out of the kiss. "You have no idea how much I needed that." I told her and she nodded. "I have no words to explain what I feel Louis." She said and grabbed my hand.

We continued our walk and we met up with Perrie and Zayn who were off by themselves.

"What do we have here?" Zayn smiled and Perrie giggled. "This is Eleanor, say hello Zayn." I introduced them with a laugh. "Yes, Ms. Calder and I have met before." Zayn laughed.

"I think he meant..." Perrie said and signalled to our hands being intertwined. El let go and I frowned a little. "Force of habit I guess. Sorry Louis." She said with a sly smile.

"Don't be sorry." I tell her. Liam approached us and gave El and I a beer bottle each. "Drink up." He said. "So I reckon you two are..." He started but I signalled him to stop what he was saying.