Chapter 23 - Apologies and First Dates

Jade's POV

"I'm exhausted Harry. Can we go sit down?" I told Harry. We've been walking around for about an hour now and my legs were starting to feel like jelly. I should really start running again.

"But we haven't seen the penguins yet!" He pulled me towards the direction of where they were.

"Give me five minutes. Okay?" I pleaded. "Okay love." He said and kissed my forehead.

So far, Harry's been the perfect gentleman. He's opened the door for me numerous times. He's been polite and kind and I can't help but melt every time he looks at me with those green eyes.

"Are you hungry? I can go get us a snack." He asked. I shook my head. "Just thirsty." I told him. He looked around and spotted a small café. "I'll be back." He said and sped off.

The London Zoo is beautiful. I've only been here one other time with my mom and my brother when I was young. It was right after my dad left us.

It was supposed to be a pick me up for my brother and I but all I could think about was my dad. "Babe, you okay?" Harry said and waved his hand in front of me.

"Yeah, just reminiscing." I told him with a smile. He handed me a bottle of water and I gave him a thanks.

"Reminiscing about what love?" He asked me as he took the seat beside me. When he calls be babe or love it just makes me melt even more.

"The first time I've been here. My dad just left us and mom wanted to cheer me and my brother up." I told him. I know I can trust Harry now.

"I'm sorry to hear that Jade. Do you want to talk about it some more?" He asked and put his arm over my shoulder.

I leaned onto him and I sighed. "He was a drunk, he was barely home. I was 14 when he finally left us for good. I haven't seen him since though." I added.

"After he left, I focused all my time on school. I studied hard because I didn't want to end up like him. I wanted to give myself a bright future and I wanted to work hard so my mother got everything she deserved." I told Harry.

"I was head girl, I passed 13 GCSE's and I got numerous awards, my name was always on the newspaper. He never came back though, he never told me he was proud of me, he never even said that he loved me." I said.

The tears started to come and I regret even thinking about my father. I've moved on from his abandonment. It's been 5 years!

"Baby, don't cry. It's okay. Shh..." Harry hugged me tighter. He stood up and pulled me along.

"Come on, today's supposed to be one of the best days of your life." He said with a smile. "Let's go see the penguins!" He shot and dragged me towards them.

Louis' POV

I promised Zayn I would stay out of the house and I told him he didn't have to worry, but where the heck am I supposed to go now?

I picked up my phone and dialled a number. "Liam! Answer your stupid phone." I shot. He picked up on the third ring.

"Where the hell are you?" I asked him. He told me he was with Aubrey and they were going out for dinner then he quickly hung up.

Ugh. I quickly dialled Zayn's number and asked if Perrie was still over. He said they were going out so I could come back home if I wanted to.

I headed towards the house in a hurry. I parked my car in my spot and I saw El's car parked across the street. Why is she here? Is she going to yell at me some more?