Chapter 43 - Worth It

Liam's POV

"Soph, are you done yet?" I groaned at my girl. Can I even call her that yet? I know she said wasn't ready for a relationship just yet and I'm trying my hardest to be patient but what are we exactly?

"Just about Li. Just give me one more second." She yelled back at me from the washroom. It made me so happy when she agreed to room with me. Last night we stayed up just talking about anything and everything and it was wonderful.

It was a little awkward getting into bed, we even kept a pillow between us at first but at the end of the night we ended up cuddling. It was amazing, I've never connected with a girl so easily.

I was in a long distance relationship with Danielle and that was hard work but very rewarding at the end of the day. It just feels incomparable with Sophia because it's a totally different situation and I am loving every second of it.

I'm so glad that she's getting along with the girls. I know she must feel left out because all four of them have known each other for so long but I love the fact that the girls are doing their best to make sure she always feels included.

"All done! How do I look?" She asked as she stepped out of the bathroom and spun around in front of me. "You look stunning." I told her as I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and she just smiled at me.

"Thank you Mr. Payne. You look dashing yourself." She giggled and I heard the most beautiful sound again. "Ready to go?" I asked her as I opened the door for us.

"Um... Do you mind if I use your phone to call my aunt? I just want to check on my siblings. I don't have international calling on my phone..." She said shyly. I fished my phone out of my tight pocket and handed it to her with a smile.

"You do realize that there's an 8 hour difference? It's like 1 in the morning there." I informed her. She just gave me a look, "Yes I am aware of that smart guy. They're on break now too. They stay up late." She fought back with a smirk.

I put my hands up in surrender and she pushed me back playfully and we just laughed together. Her eyes lit up and I instantly fell harder for her.

"Thank you." She said, referring to the phone. She quickly dialed a number. "Hello? Thomas? How are you?" She asked the person on the other end.

"That's good. I'm just calling to check up on you guys. How's auntie? Can I talk to her?" She questioned again. She looked so cute as she talked to her younger sibling.

"Hurry up Tom. I'm using someone else's phone. How is everyone? Are you all behaving?" She demanded from her brother. She looked at me and rolled her eyes, which made me laugh at her.

"Yeah okay. Tell her I called okay? I'll try again in the morning. Be good. Tell everyone I say hi. I'll see you all soon." She said and sighed. A frown appeared on her beautiful face and I just wanted to wipe it away.

"Yes, yes I know what you all want for Christmas and I will try my best okay? I love you. Talk to you soon." She quickly got in and then she hung up.

She handed my phone back to me. "You could have talked to him longer." I offered. She shook her head.

"No it's alright. I don't want you to get too many extra charges on you phone. I'll pay you back for that. Thanks you so much." She smiled and went to leave the room but I stopped her.

"Soph, you don't have to do that. It's okay really. Call them back later tonight okay? Spend as much time on the phone as you'd like." I told her seriously. She seemed skeptical but I knew that she missed her siblings.