Chapter 44 - Spit it Out

Leigh's POV

Finally we're here. I hate the fact that everyone is all coupled up now. It just makes things so awkward for myself. I know that Niall and Jesy are hiding something. It's so obvious.

The fact that they think they're being so discreet makes me laugh. You might as well spit it out. Honestly, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. They can do their thing but I know to keep my distance from now on.

"Leigh, come on now!" Louis shot at me and pulled me up from my seat. Everyone seems to have a different idea of fun. I just want to go home and spend the holidays with my family. Why was I even excited for this trip?

Jesy clung to my arm once I was off the bus. "Where do you want to go first Leigh?" She asked me. "It's up to you. I know you and Niall probably wanna go off somewhere." I paused. "I can just stick around with Louis."

"Leigh what's going on?" She asked me. "Nothing, I don't want to keep you guys from doing what you want to." I smiled at her. She gave me a look and I just smiled at her.

"We're not splitting up. The place is packed." Liam said as the bus left us. There goes my escape.

Sophia moved away from him and stood beside me. "Mind if I stay with you Leigh?" She asked. What about Liam? Doesn't she want to stay with him? She kept looking at me so I just gave her a nod.

Harry and Jade held onto one another and so did Zayn and Perrie. Liam looked back at Sophia and I and frowned. He led everyone across the street to the pier. Niall and Jesy followed them. Louis grabbed Sophia's arms and mine and led us to the rest of the group.

"My parents got us the wristbands for the unlimited rides. I'm just gonna go get them from the office." Liam said. "I'll go with you mate." Louis suggested and they left.

I turned to Sophia and gave her a questioning look, "What?" She asked me. "What's going on? Why don't you want to stay with Liam?" I asked her.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." She said softly. She looked really hurt at my mention of Liam's name. I decided to leave it alone for now but I know that I'll get to the bottom of it eventually.

I looked around and there were a bunch of kids with their families all around the park. The sun was beating down on us and it was becoming warmer and warmer.

Zayn and Perrie were snogging away in the corner and I turned away quickly. Can they not do that in public? It's gross and I'd rather not puke today. Jesy moved towards me and pulled me aside.

"What's going on Leigh? Just please tell me." She begged. I took a deep breath. "Jes, I'm really glad that you and Niall are finally happy. Stop hiding it from everyone. You know how Perrie and Jade will react when they find out." I finally told her.

There's no use in keeping it away from her. I might as well tell her it's completely obvious. She looked shocked but stayed silent. "Don't bother denying it Jes. It's okay. I'm not angry or sad. I'm just a little bit upset that you would hide it from us." I told her honestly.

"I didn't want you to..." She finally started but I held my hand up and stopped her. "I don't want to hear you say it anymore. I know you didn't want to hurt me. I'm not hurt. You don't need to spare my feelings. I've told you that numerous times already." I explained.

"Date Niall, be happy." I added. "I'll keep my distance. You don't need to worry." I said to her and moved back beside Sophia.

Liam and Louis came back and handed all of us a wristband. Sophia helped me put mine on and I helped her with hers. "Okay, all set." I announced to everyone.