Chapter 17 - A Different Side

Perrie's POV

"Jade! Open up please!" I kept banging on the door. People were giving me weird stares but I didn't care. I need Jade to open the door, she could be in danger. I hope Jesy gets here soon.

"Jade please..." I slid to the floor. I'm just praying that Jade hasn't hurt herself again. I called Jesy and she picked up after the first ring. 

"Where are you Jes?" I said frantically on the phone. She told me she was coming up the stairs and would be here soon.

I stayed on the floor and waited for Jesy. I shut my eyes and Jesy shook me after a few seconds. "Pez, come on. Let's go." She said and opened the door.

Jade was curled up in a ball and she was crying while clutching her wrist. "Jade...please tell me you didn't." I said as I sat her up.

"I couldn't help it. I had a pop quiz in class and I bombed. I didn't know anything! I couldn't remember anything!" She exclaimed. 

"Then I saw Harry with a blonde girl around campus." She sobbed. "I ran straight here and I couldn't help myself." She continued.

"Shh... It's alright Jade." Jesy soothed her and she climbed on the bed beside Jade. "Everything will be okay. It's your first quiz. You'll have a lot more." I told her.

"I gave Harry and Liam a piece of my mind this morning. We all need to stop hanging out with those boys. Don't you guys see what they're doing to us?" I asked the both of them.

Jesy looked away from me and stayed silent. "I can't help what I feel Perrie." Jade said.

"I know Jadey, I know." I said and immediately thought of Zayn. When he kissed me today, I knew I felt something different but I chose to ignore it.

"Jade, you need to stop doing this to yourself. Remember last time? We were all at your bedside, in the hospital... We thought you got over this. We thought you were done with the past. Remember you promised us that you wouldn't do it again?" Jesy told her.

"Harry can't be that special Jade. You'll find someone who won't hurt you." I said to her. She looked at me and I knew she was trying hard not to cry again.

"Promise us that when you have the urge to hurt yourself, you'll go to us first. We're always here for you Jade. Don't forget that please." Jesy added.

Jade nodded her head and hugged us both. "I wish Leigh was here." Jade said suddenly. "She will be soon! I talked to Dr. Carter today, he said that they are expecting Leigh to wake up either tonight or tomorrow morning." Jesy beamed.

That brightened Jade up, "Really Jes?" Jesy just nodded with a smile. "We'll be complete again." I said.

"Can we not tell Leigh about this? She'll be devastated." Jade whispered.

"As long as you don't do it ever again Jade." I told her and she just nodded. Someone suddenly knocked on the door. I got up and opened the door. Liam was standing there.

Liam's POV

"Perrie, can I talk to Jade please?" I said to Perrie once she opened the door. She just stared at me. "Why should I let Jade see you?" I was speechless. She's still mad at me.

"I'm here to apologize for my behaviour. Just let me talk to her please." I pleaded. "Jes, let's give them some privacy." Perrie said and Jesy followed her to the room across. I saw Jade sitting on her bed.

"You can sit there." She pointed at the bed across from hers. "Jade, can you please give me a chance to explain things?" I asked her.

"I'm listening." She said. "First off, I know that Harry told you his side of the story. Please hear mine out." I asked her. She just nodded.