Chapter 12 - When It Hits You

SURPRISEEEEEEEEE! I got an update in since school was all chill... but I should probably start studying soon... :)

Louis' POV

I knew letting Leigh go was a bad idea, but she pushed so badly. She said she had to go, who were we to stop her? 

"Where could she be?" El asked as I rounded the street again. We joined in on the search party after Zayn called us for back up. 

None of us have been able to find Leigh yet. "Has she picked up her phone?" I asked Eleanor. 

"No, let me call again." El said. Just then my phone rang. "Hello?" I picked up without looking to see who it was. 

I heard Harry's deep voice. I could already tell it was bad news. "What? Where are you guys?" I asked. 

"Okay, we'll be there soon." I hung up and took a u-turn. "Louis where are they?" El asked. I can't believe this is happening. I feel like this is all my fault. We shouldn't have let her go. 

"Lou! Answer me!" Eleanor yelled and tugged on my arm. "She's at the hospital El! She's been in an accident!" I told her. 

Eleanor was silenced. I headed towards the hospital where everyone was as fast as I could. 

El and I ran inside the hospital and saw Perrie pacing by the entrance. She was on the phone and she was whispering. 

Her voice was barely audible and her cheeks were stained with tears. I could only make out a few words within her quiet sobs. 

"Perrie." El said once she hung up the phone. El enveloped Perrie in a hug and they stayed like that for awhile. It was getting a bit awkward for me to be standing there.

"The boys are all in front of her room. Just turn left and go straight Lou." Perrie instructed. I nodded and followed as she said and I came face to face with everyone. 

Jade was seated between Liam and Harry. They both had their arms around her which looked really weird. 

Jesy was standing, pacing back and forth in front of the door while Niall was leaning against a wall looking up and Zayn was on the floor covering his face. I sat down beside Zayn and he just gave me nod. 

It hasn't even been a week, yet it seems like we've all known each other for years. Looking at everyone now, it looks like we've all been through everything together and this was just another one of those obstacles. No one would be able to tell that we've all literally just met less than a week ago. 

It's a nice feeling, that it's not just the boys, me and El anymore. Having Jesy, Perrie, Jade, and Leigh around balanced everything out. 

I feel more complete but at the same time I still feel like the boys and I have been drifting apart. It's just all weird. Everything and everyone is just so... different now. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing yet.

Perrie and El came back and El had her arms around Perrie, supporting her. "Leigh's mom will be here in the morning." Perrie announced to the group. 

"What exactly happened?" I asked after a couple minutes of silence. "The police are still investigating. All we know is that Leigh's front bumper got wrecked and she's getting checked right now, she was passed out when they got to her." Jesy explained. 

She's the only one who wasn't crying out of the girls. A doctor came out of Leigh's room and we all stood up. 

"Whose here for Leigh-Anne Pinnock?" He asked. We all looked at him with hopeful eyes. 

"Hello, I'm Dr. Carter. Your friend Leigh-Anne hit her head very hard. She's unconscious as of this moment because she's got a heavy concussion. She's also heavily bruised from the impact of the cars colliding. We're still running some tests but as of now, it looks like she's going to be here for a few more days." He said.