Chapter 9 - Better Friends

Perrie's POV

How much longer do I have to sit here? I can't believe they transferred me into this class, it wouldn't be so bad if Zayn wasn't in it.

He's been flirting nonstop with this blonde girl beside him and it's disgusting. When he left I hoped he wouldn't come back, but he did.

"Does anyone have any other questions?" Our professor asked. No one put their hands up. Good. That means I can get out of here.

"Good, class is then dismissed. Mr. Malik and Ms. Edwards please stay behind." He added. What did I do?!

"I really have to get to my next class, it's all the way across campus." I told him. "Don't worry Ms. Edwards, I'll write you a note. This won't take long." Our professor said.

"I am going on leave for a few weeks and since Ms. Edwards just got transferred to this class I want you, Mr. Malik to help her catch up with the stuff she's missed. Lend her your notes or answer questions for her. You're my best student Zayn and I want Perrie to learn from the best." Professor Gillespie said.

Best student?! Is he crazy? He must have his shit mixed up.

"Alright Gillespie. Don't worry, she'll be caught up by the time you come back." Zayn said. "Good to know. Alright you two may go." Gillespie said as he was writing my excuse note.

"Here you go Perrie." He handed it to me. "Thank you." Was all I could muster. Zayn help me?

The reason I got transferred into this class was because I was doing too good in my beginners class, they thought I needed a challenge.

That's why I'm now taking a second year economics class. Also, Zayn be the best student? That's such bullshit!

"Perrie did you hear me?" Zayn asked. I completely forgot about him as I was too consumed into my thoughts.

"Can you come over today? So I can give you the notes you missed and we can go over today's lesson." He asked. "Yeah, of course." I heard myself say. "I mean, yeah, sure." I corrected.

He gave me a weird look, "Okay then, Niall's giving me a ride home, so meet us by the courtyard at 4:30." He said. I just nodded at him.

"Alright. See you then." He said and walked away. I looked at my phone and noticed I was five minutes late for my class. I ran across campus to my class and slipped into my seat quietly.

"Nice of you to join us Ms. Edwards." My English professor said as he lowered his glasses to see me in my seat.

"Sorry." Was all I could say as I started taking down his notes on the board. Leigh-Anne laughed at me quietly. "Where were you?" She asked.

"My Econ prof held me back." I told her. "What? Why?" She questioned. "Since I transferred to the second year class he wants me to get caught up and whatever. So he asked Zayn to help me out." I explained as Professor Thomas started going on about Shakespeare.

"Zayn?!" Leigh-Anne whispered loudly. "Ms. Pinnock? Do you have anything to add?" Professor Thomas asked.

"No I was just saying that you made a good point!" Leigh-Anne explained. She's good at getting herself out of trouble, I wish I was like her sometimes.

Professor Thomas kept going on and I tried hard to scribble down all the things on the board. "So Zayn?" Leigh-Anne asked once the attention was away from her.

"Yes, Leigh. Zayn." I told her. Why isn't she copying down the notes? Then again, Leigh's best subject is English.

"Jesy and I have been doing research on those boys." She told me. "Research? What for?" I asked her as quietly as possible.