11.

When Meredith woke the next morning, it took her a moment to remember why she felt so safe and comfortable. After a moment, when she felt Derek pull her closer and nuzzle his face against the back of her neck, she remembered the night before and felt a slow smile spread across her face. She turned gently in his arms and pressed her lips against his, cupping his face in her hands and smiling softly as his eyes fluttered open. "Morning sleepyhead," she whispered.

"Mmmmm, morning," Derek whispered, pulling her closer and pressing his lips to hers again.

"Last night was amazing," Meredith whispered.

"It really was," Derek smiled. "God, Mer, I can't even begin to tell you how incredible you are."

Meredith smiled softly as she ducked her head to rest against his chest. "I love you," she finally whispered.

"I love you too," Derek replied, running his hands up and down her spine. "God, I love you so much."

She sighed happily as she relaxed in his arms. "Can we just stay like this forever?" she asked.

He laughed slightly, the sensation causing Meredith to smile against his chest. "I'd love to, Mer," he replied. "It might pose a problem for our schoolwork though."

"You just had to say that," she sighed. "I guess you're right though."

Derek laughed again as he tightened his arms around her. "We'll always be able to have this, Mer," he whispered. "I know we have to go out into the real world, but...If you're okay with it, we can always come back to this."

She nodded against his chest. "I want that," she whispered.

They lay curled together for a few long moments, not speaking or moving, just holding each other and enjoying the safety they felt. After a few minutes, however, their perfect existence was interrupted when the door barged partway, the chain lock stopping Addison from entering. "Mer, let me in," she groaned.

Meredith sighed as she pulled herself out of Derek's warm arms and wrapped her robe around herself, throwing Derek his boxers. She opened the door to reveal a frenzied Addison as she bustled into the room.

Addison walked straight to her closet and reached for her coat, rambling all the way as she did so. "Mark and I are going to breakfast. He's freaking out because he has an exam tomorrow, so I told him I'd take him out to breakfast so he can..." she trailed off when she saw Derek laying shirtless in Meredith's bed and a slow smile spread across her face. "Meredith," she breathed.

"Addison," Meredith shook her head. "Don't make a big deal out of this, please."

"This is so exciting!" Addison squealed, moving forward to hug Meredith tightly. "Mark!" she called across the hall. "Come here!"

"What's going on?" Mark asked as he walked into the hall, smiling as he saw Derek. "Nice, Shep, finally sealed the deal."

Derek smiled slyly, but quickly turned serious when he noticed Meredith's scowl. "Drop it, Mark," he said, nodding that he would spill everything later.

"Okay, well, we should all go to breakfast," Addison said excitedly. "We can all go out on double dates now."

"Fine," Meredith rolled her eyes. "I need to get dressed."

"I bet Shep's going to back out now," Mark laughed.

"Mark," Addison groaned, pushing him out of the room. "You're seriously impossible."

"We'd love to go to breakfast, Addison," Derek laughed as he pulled his shirt over his head. "We'll let you and Mer get dressed, just come get us when you're ready."