78.

"Meredith, you have to stop bouncing," Derek laughed as Meredith leaned over him to look out the window.

"California, Der," Meredith replied, looking at him with sparkling eyes. "We're in California."

"I know," he said, reaching out to brush her hair away from her face. "But you're scaring people."

"I've never been to California," Meredith giggled as the seatbelt sign was turned off and the cabin burst into activity. "Come on, we've got to go."

"They're not going anywhere," Derek laughed. "The plane just landed."

"We're in L.A.," Meredith giggled as she handed him his carry on suitcase. "We're in L.A. and we're spending a week with Mark and Addison. We can't waste time on the plane."

"Okay," Derek laughed, following her down the gangway. He wasn't sure he'd ever seen her this excited, and he was happy to see it. This had been the major part of her birthday present, and he was glad she was excited.

"Addie!" Meredith giggled happily as they stepped through security and saw Mark and Addison standing on the other side of the airport. Meredith ran over to them and hugged Addison tightly, the two of them giggling loudly.

"We're in for a long week," Mark sighed as he reached out to hug Derek.

"Mer's been excited for days," Derek laughed as he pulled back from his best friend and moved to hug Addison. When they had all greeted each other, Addison looped her arm through Meredith's and smiled widely. "I'm so glad you're here," she giggled as they climbed into the car.

"Addison," Meredith breathed, stopping to pull her left hand closer to her face. "Is that..."

"We're engaged," Addison giggled widely, holding out her hand for Meredith's inspection.

"Oh my God," Meredith cried, hugging her tightly.

"It's about time," Derek said to Mark.

"Hey, just because your wife was okay with a shitty proposal doesn't mean Addison would be," Mark argued. "Have you met the woman?"

"And you're the matron of honor, of course," Addison giggled.

Meredith smiled nervously as she glanced at Derek. "Um...yeah," she said. "Of course."

Addison frowned as she glanced between Derek and Meredith. "What's going on?" she asked.

"We just...well, you won't want a pregnant matron of honor."

Mark slammed on the brakes, causing everyone to jerk forwad as Mark and Addison turned to stare at the couple in the backseat.

"Excuse me?" Addison asked after a moment.

"I'm not pregnant," Meredith said quickly. "But depending on when you get married...we might be by then."

"Seriously?" Mark asked. "You're going to be interns with babies?"

"We've got it all woeked out, Mark," Derek smiled, lacing his fingers through Meredith's.

"Oh my God," Addison giggled. "This is amazing."

"It is," Meredith smiled. "But we're not going to take away for your news. This is amazing, Addison's been expecting a proposal ever since Derek proposed to me."

"Don't remind me," Mark rolled his eyes.

"Shut up," Addison said, slapping his arm. "Okay, so we have classes this week, but we're giving you a copy of our key so you can come and go as you please. But we don't have a guest room so you're sleeping on the pull out couch."