84.

"Derek, come on," Meredith giggled as she pulled her husband into the clinic. "You're so slow."

"I'm not slow," Derek laughed, squeezing her hand. "You're just moving exceptionally fast."

"We're going to see our baby, Derek," Meredith breathed. "Our baby."

"I know," he nodded, stopping to pull her closer. "Mer...I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered, kissing him gently. "But I'd love you even more if you would hurry up and come inside."

"I'm coming," Derek laughed. "Let's go."

They walked into the medical clinic, entering the suite for the doctor Beth had recommended for them and Meredith approached the desk. "Meredith Shepherd," she said. "I have an appointment for an ultrasound and a general checkup."

"Of course, Mrs. Shepherd," the receptionist smiled. "I'll just need you to fill out some of this paperwork, and we'll take you shortly."

"Sure," Meredith nodded, taking the clip board and walking towards the row of chairs against the window. She filled out the forms quickly, smiling as she glanced up and Derek occasionally, watching as she concentrated on the forms.

"Why are you staring at me?" she asked as she looked at him.

"You're adorable," Derek laughed, wrapping an arm around her. "I just like watching you."

"That's creepy," she informed him with a giggle.

"It is not," Derek argued. "You're my wife. And you're carrying my baby. I can't help but look at you."

Meredith blushed slightly as a nurse appeared in the doorway. "Meredith?"

"That's us," Meredith giggled, grabbing Derek's hand and pulling him towards the exam room.

"How are we feeling today?" the nurse asked as she gestured for Meredith to step onto the scale.

"Excited," Mereidth said as the nurse made a note in her chart.

"I'm sure," she nodded. "Alright, Dad can wait here, we're going to need you to give us a urine sample, Meredith, and then you can come back here when you're done."

"Okay," Meredith nodded, stepping into the bathroom and closing the door beind her.

Derek looked around the exam room while he waited for her to return, suddenly feeling nervous. Maybe it was because he was alone in the room, but he was pretty sure it had more to do with the warnings and complications that were posted around the room. As he waited for his wife to return to the room, he suddenly feared that she would develop preeclampsia or miscarry before the second trimester.

"Derek?" Meredith asked softly as she walked back into the room. "You okay?"

"Yeah," he smiled, helping her onto the exam table. "How are you?"

"Good," she nodded. "I'm actually not sick right now."

"That's good," Derek smiled.

There was a quick knock on the door, and a smiling woman in a lab coat entered the room a moment later. "Derek and Meredith?" she asked. "I'm Dr. Perkins. It's nice to meet you."

"You too," Derek and Meredith both shook her hand before she settled into the chair at the end of the exam table.

"Alright, I see this is your first pregnancy?" she asked.

"Yes," Meredith nodded.

"Any discomfort or pain?" Dr. Perkins asked.

"Just a little nausea," Meredith replied. "And..I mean I'm eight weeks along and I haven't gained any weight. That's okay, right?"