16.

"I'm pretty sure my parents like you more than me," Derek laughed later that night as he led her into his bedroom.

She giggled as she watched him open the closet and pull down a pillow and blanket from the shelf. "I like them too," she said. "They're like...the perfect parents."

"Don't tell them that," Derek rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure they'll never let you leave."

Meredith smiled as she sat down on the bed. "What are you doing?" she asked curiously.

"Getting stuff to make up the couch," Derek replied. When he saw Meredith's frown he shook is head before moving to sit down on the bed. "My parents aren't stupid, Mer, and you know I'd love to sleep in here with you. But I'm pretty sure hell would freeze over before my mom let us share a bed in a room that shares a wall with my thirteen year old sister."

"Oh," Meredith nodded, looking down at her hands. "Um, okay. But you're not sleeping on the couch. I am."

"No you're not," Derek rolled his eyes. "Don't even think about arguing about this, Mer, you're not going to win."

"Fine," she sighed, scooting back onto the pillows. "I guess I'll just sleep in this big bed all by myself." She sighed as she leaned back into the pillows, closing her eyes and moaning in appreciation. "This is so much better than that bed we sleep on at college."

"You're evil," Derek frowned, looking down at the bulge in his pants. "You're seriously going to send me downstairs like this?"

She shrugged. "I offered to sleep on the couch," she said. "And you have a hand for a reason."

"Yeah, because you're cruel," Derek muttered before he dropped the sheets and strode across the room, pulling her into his arms and kissing her hard. She quickly responded, getting onto her knees on the bed and wrapping her arms tightly around his neck, feeling his erection press into her stomach before he pulled back and offered her a smirk. "There," he said. "Now you know how it feels."

Meredith frowned as she stared at him, breathless and panting slightly. Finally she got off the bed and pushed him towards the door. "Good night, Der," she purred in his ear, rubbing herself gently against him before pushing him out the door and closing it firmly behind him.

"Evil," he muttered, hearing her laugh from the other side of the door. With a sigh, he trudged down the stairs to make a bed for himself on the couch. He would have much preferred to sleep with Meredith wrapped tightly in his arms, but he wasn't sure he would be able to keep his hands to himself, and with the lack of privacy in this house, it would lead to horrible consequences he wasn't sure he wanted to live out.

So he was making himself a bed on the couch, sighing as he sank onto the soft cushions and tried to get comfortable. Somehow, though, the thought of Meredith asleep in his childhood bed kept him wide awake, imagining several scenarios that he would love to act out with her in that bed.

Suddenly, he heard sounds coming from the kitchen and he frowned as he sat up, looking into the hallway to see the soft glow of light coming from the doorway. He slid out from the blankets and slowly made his way into the kitchen, frowning when he saw his father standing over the stove, wrapped in his bathrobe.

"Dad?" he asked. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, Derek," Michael said, looking up. "I'm having trouble sleeping, so I came downstairs to give your mom some peace. I didn't realize you'd be sleeping on the couch though."

Derek sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "I haven't done much sleeping," he admitted.

"You're afraid of what your mother will say if she sees you and Meredith sharing your room," Michael said with a soft smile. "Not that I blame you. The woman can be downright terrifying."